Emperors Warbringers Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperors Warbringers Chapter

Hi everyone,
    I'm not the best painter but I do like trying unusual things. So i'm currently painting up an emperors warbringers space marine army. According to various sources they will use camoflague; so the overall look i'm going for is more akin to an imperial guard army. With all the tanks using camoflague patterns and netting etc (the chapter actually does this according to official canon). Thinking of a bit of back story as well, it's an official chapter but theres not much written about it. This has been my main source:

Emperor's Warbringers - Lexicanum

I've got the chapter masters name it's Raynald Hoare but again theres nothing on him anyone know more?

Anyway the main reason for the post is to show you a sample of my first tactical squad and ask for advice, so any advice?
    Cheers Guys

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=29180

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=29179

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=29178

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...i&img=29177

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I think the green looks really good except that it is just to much green on the models. I would maybe paint the knee pads in yellow/brownish with black stripes or/and the shoulder pad rims in some other color? Just black maybe? Just to make the model look more interesting to look at.

Uhm.. for the base.. I'm guessing that you want it to be green because they have green camo and they want to fight in the green forest etc but I would add a lot of junk to it.. Body parts of enemies, bushes, stuff.

I think it just looks really kind of.. boring with just a green base with a green model standing on it.

Hope you get what I mean dude! Just had some thoughts on mind. Love your idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm liking those ideas m8, what cidatel colour would you reccomend for the knee pads? i'm looking for some better bases now i think even just a much darker flock with some stones would help as it'd make the model stand out more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I would try this:

Paint the knee pads in Graveyard Earth and then add black stripes with Chaos Black (duh). Then add highlights on the Graveyard Earth with Desert Yellow and mix some grey into the black and add highlights on the Chaos Black.

If you want to skip the highlights I would most likely go for just Desert Yellow and Chaos Black stripes.

Nice idea on the bases. Try it out and see how it looks. Post some pictures if you want.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Any chance you could post pics on this forum rather than just doing a link to a different
    forum? Im not a memeber of B&C so i cant see your work.

Boomer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem a little too green to me. The basis off the Astartes has them as a drab olive green. You might want to try toning it down a little bit, maybe add a small bit of rotting flesh to your mixture to tone it down.
    And then definitely go with what Murdhawk was saying. I would even possibly do that on one or both pauldrons, or maybe do that for the outline. You could also do something with the Aquila to break it up as well.
    Something else you could try is to maybe convert some cool looking leaves or mud stains onto some of the models.
    We are the Order. The Right hand of my Emperor.

Daemonhunters 2-1-0

Eldar (Proxied) 1-0-1