Librarium Online Forums banner

HE autumn themed painting blog!!! 10,000 pts to be painted! Come along for the ride

18K views 108 replies 16 participants last post by  Lani Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. So I love fantasy and I love elves. I have 10,000 pts of DEs, WEs, and now HEs. Here is my progress.

First update: 18JUN13

Will have some Silverhelms up next with the new basing material that really makes the model I think

Second update: 22JUN13

I present Silver Helms and the new basing. I love the bases, lmk what you guys think.

This next photo shows all the violet on the feather plumes. The flash does a good job of bringing out the recessed details but whites out other areas lol. So these guys are in between the non-flash and flash pics, haha.

New bases on archers and reavers

Will have some new guys finished in two weeks. Taking a vacation next weekend. Will have some Phoenixes coming up next!

Third update:

I have four phoenixes to show you guys today! They turned out amazing. I really like how the bases turned out with the flame phoenixes burning the ground after them and the frost phoenixes freezing the ground after them.

I give you the frost phoenix and caradryan on ashtari (he is magnetized so I can take the throne off and run a second frost phoenix)

Flamesphere phoenix and anoited on a flamesphere phoenix (again magnetized)

Hopefully this gives you guys some motivation to start painting, playing, and posting!

See less See more
#84 ·
I like doing the tattoo stuff but I definitely wasn't going for MLP lol. Thanks for all the compliments. I really think it has a chance at best painted when I unveil it at Brawler Bash next weekend. My wife will be using the WoC and I will be playing my HEs.

Daniel

#85 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know that the Warriors of Chaos won Players Choice and my High elves won 2nd best painted. My warriors were not allowed to win best painted because they were being represented by my wife and she could not receive the best painted award since she did not paint them. Overall it was an amazing tournament. I got 7th overall out of 92 people.

Dan

#88 ·
Thanks man! I still can't believe I had to pull out of the masters event last year. Right now I am sitting at 5th in the MA so hopefully I can continue to kill it and see you at the masters again this coming year and you can see them in person! As for selling them...um nope haha. But if hell freezes over Ill call you.

Dan

#94 ·
HUGE army, and as usual, everything looks stunning.
Drow Dark Elves have always been a love/hate relationship for me. On the one hand, I'm not a fan of straight cross-polination of D&D with WHFB. When someone plunks blue elves down and the table and says, "they're Drow", I sort of want to be a jerk/nerd and tell them that there aren't Drow in Fantasy. But then, the blue skin and white hair really does look awesome, and I play a Drow as often as I can in D&D (my 4e character is a multi-classing Drow Rogue/Warlock who dabbles in a few levels of Rogue for good measure, carrying two hand crossbows capable of releasing a veritable hail of bolts each round).

#95 ·
Well mine are more grey black than blue per se. However I would contend that these will not just be "drow" that are plunked down and look shitty. Salvatore will want to use these "drow" in his artwork!

I have zero doubts that you will love these guys even more than my warriors.

Dan

#96 ·
I have no doubt that they're going to look gorgeous, like all of your stuff.
I meant that while a nicely painted Drow army looks really cool, it doesn't really fit the fluff if you just point and say "Drow". Now, if you have a fluffy reason why your Elves are blue, that's cool. But it's still mostly just "They're blue because [I like Drow]". That's what puts me on a fence every time. Sort of like the Female Space Marines argument - some people don't care, and some people's teeth go crooked just thinking about it.

#106 ·
Well guys, its with a heavy heart that I announce the death of this painting blog. Most of you don't know this, but in 2012 I was severely injured in the service and ever since then I have been fighting a neurological problem that manifests itself in hand tremors. They started off almost non-existent at first but gradually they have been getting worse and we have not been able to find any medications that I can take on a daily basis yet to slow the progression.

If you guys know of any studios that you could recommend for me to take a look at to begin working with to match my minis and level of quality that would be extremely appreciated. Also, if possible in the US, but I would be willing to work with overseas guys if shipping isn't nuts.

Thanks for the great times fellers and all the support!

Dan

#108 ·
Sorry to hear that your injury is sidelining your painting. Your work was always (and continues to be) inspiring. It's a good thing that there's so much of it. I'm really not too sure about studios, aside from the obvious like Blue-Table. There's a guy here on the forum too, who does really good work (but hasn't painted Fantasy for a while), but his name is slipping me right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.