• Lord Borak

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Azazael1985

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Zoinkboy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defcon

Votes: 12 52.2%

Chaos Painting Competition - Champion of Undivided!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lucas 
#1 · (Edited)
Time to cast your votes on the last Chaos Champion Contest. This time it's the 'Champion of Chaos Undivided'. So, cast your votes!

TimA

Ben_S

Orkbert

Lucas

Lord Borak

Azazael1985

Zoinkboy

Defcon

See less See more
#3 ·
I just have a piece of advice for some of the entrants. You can all paint quite well, but your pictures may not do your hard and beautiful work justice. A very quick fix...

All you need is a plain white piece of paper. Any camera can take a decent macro pic. I just use my iphone 5. Take mini outside. Find a place in the shade, just outside of direct sunlight. If it is cloudy out, even better. Sometimes it is best to wait until sunrise or sunset, because the light won't be too powerful and overexpose your highlights.

Stand the white paper upright, leaning against something, and place the mini on it. The paper will curve and this way it looks like the mini is floating in white space. Bring the camera down to the level of the mini, or just slightly above or below. Take picture. Take 20-30 pics and you'll get a good one or two. Experiment by moving the mini and background around to different levels of shade or sunlight. Eventually you'll find a sweet spot where the mini's shadows and highlights are all perfectly captured. If it's perfect it should give off an almost cartoony glow.

Whatever you do, DONT use your flash. This will overexpose the highlights, making the mini glare and be hard to look at.
Just some advice. This should help some of you out so that we can see the awesome work you have done. Cheers!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.