XBox 360 breaking disks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

XBox 360 breaking disks

Hi dudes

has anyone had this problem, my sons Xox 360 seems to have an annoying habit of breaking game disks, the breakage is a small crack from the centre spindle hole that extends about a quarter inch through the hologram. This breakage is common to all the broken disks.

My son does not keep his disks in the game box (uses soft wallets) so they are not breaking through stress removing them from the box, and the Xbox has not been moved while playing.

Also we have now laid the Xbox horizontally to see if this improves the situation.
    When the crack appears it inevitably leads to read and loading failures, this has happened to Gears of War, Rainbow Six Las Vegas and a racing game I cannot remember the name of (at work).

Has this happened to anyone else and if it has have Microsoft acknowledged a problem and repaired/fixed the problem, these games are not cheap and its getting friggin annoying.

Thanks

Rikki

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Can't say I've had this problem, could just be your box? Try asking the place you bought it from to see if there's been any complaints.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Standing your Xbox vertically Ive heard can cause discs to break. The PS2 had the same problem. something to do with the discs moving around. Keep it horizontal, but if the problem persists then there's something definitely wrong with the console.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Standing your Xbox vertically Ive heard can cause discs to break. The PS2 had the same problem. something to do with the discs moving around. Keep it horizontal, but if the problem persists then there's something definitely wrong with the console.
    Yeah I have heard this and I remember the problem on the PS2, I have put the Xbox in the horizontal position and will see if this makes a difference, thanks for the replies people

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Hopefully that works for you. Personally I store mine Horizontally, sitting it vertically... Just tempting the dice gods to do something mean IMO. {confused}

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Come unto me and learn.

I'm going to take an educated guess here gonig on the disk scratching issues the 360 has (as disc breaking would be the next step).

Last tiem I checked the 360 was missing some small rubber pads that the disk would rest on when in the machine and playing to protect it from the laser housing.

It would subsequently spin not quite level (due to missing pads) and scratch against the laser housing thus casiung the disc ot be damage beyond a playable state.

Oh Rikimaru, don't try and look for mircosoft admitting anything, they still don't admit the 360 has a horrendous failure rate (current estimates give it at 33% of all 360's).

If its in warranty you could try and ring MS and ask for a replacement (as your one is clearly faulty), its worth a shot.

Also as some side info, I believe* soon they intend to introduce the 360's with smaller chips to reduce down the massive overheating problems it has (and the chips may not be on the "elite" one)

* I cant say for 100% how reliable that is

+ Reply to Thread