Halo Wars? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Halo Wars going to be a flop or is it going to be good?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • good

9 81.82%
  • flop

2 18.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo Wars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Halo Wars?

Okay we have alleen that neat trailer for Halo Wars which is coming out for the 360 and is a rts. The thing is will Halo Wars be any good knowing that it is a rts on a game counsole and that it is not a fps which has made Halo famous? I would have to say that it will be a flop unless they bing something new to the rts community. So what do you say is it going to be good or a flop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

In terms of sales, I think it will do very well due to the Halo name brand. In terms of pedigree, it has a great studio working on the product. I think it might be a great success if it's a more than decent game, as it could be the first high-selling, good rts on a console. There have been good rts's lately for the console, such as Lord of the Rings on the 360, so the potential is there for improvement and the first breakthrough console rts. I hope (and I'm fairly certain) that Microsoft et al. will pump money into this to protect their flagship product, and that gives me hope as well.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekore View Post
    In terms of sales, I think it will do very well due to the Halo name brand. In terms of pedigree, it has a great studio working on the product. I think it might be a great success if it's a more than decent game, as it could be the first high-selling, good rts on a console. There have been good rts's lately for the console, such as Lord of the Rings on the 360, so the potential is there for improvement and the first breakthrough console rts. I hope (and I'm fairly certain) that Microsoft et al. will pump money into this to protect their flagship product, and that gives me hope as well.

Tekore
    Yeah but LOTR was for PC first so it had a good base first. Halo Wars is going to be made for a console so I dont think its going to be a good game at all but will be bought just because its Halo. Although that doesnt mean it will be played as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consoles aren't a good platform for RTS in the first place, and it doesn't seem like the Halo franchise really has enough in it to make for a deep core game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters View Post
    Consoles aren't a good platform for RTS in the first place, and it doesn't seem like the Halo franchise really has enough in it to make for a deep core game...
    thats what I think too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I think it will have good initial sales due to the name/brand, and will overall be a decent game, but I'm not so sure how well it will do overall. Like Tekore said, there's definitly reliable and successful workers behind the making of the game, so I think it has the possibility of turning out very well.

There's not many RTS games on the console; maybe now is a good time to start?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Most console RTS games are horrible, and that's for one very important reason - they are adapted from the PC. Halo Wars has been made for the Xbox 360 from the very start - there are no weird things to convert from PC to console, everything is being made strictly to be compatible with the way the Xbox 360 controller is set up.

Good graphics, great story, the Halo name, likely good music... even if it's just a decent RTS, as opposed to a great one, there's little reason not to pick it up. I'm looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Most console RTS games are horrible, and that's for one very important reason - they are adapted from the PC. Halo Wars has been made for the Xbox 360 from the very start - there are no weird things to convert from PC to console, everything is being made strictly to be compatible with the way the Xbox 360 controller is set up.

Good graphics, great story, the Halo name, likely good music... even if it's just a decent RTS, as opposed to a great one, there's little reason not to pick it up. I'm looking forward to it.
    I have always thought the story was cheesy but the background story is good though. And the thing Im going to hate about this game is that there is more than one Spartan so nearly everyone will have an army of Spartans which will kill my parade in a second since I love the Marines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
    I have always thought the story was cheesy but the background story is good though. And the thing Im going to hate about this game is that there is more than one Spartan so nearly everyone will have an army of Spartans which will kill my parade in a second since I love the Marines.
    My understanding is that the human army is made up of marines, and that Spartan(s) only exist as an event, similar to the casting of a large "spell" or ability by the marine army.

Tekore

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
    The story is typical scifi, but it's told in a great way.

And as Tekore said, Spartans are not an actual unit. Spartans are going to be an event, not really controlled by the player(s). It's still Marines vs. Covenant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast