World of Warcraft graphics? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

World of Warcraft graphics?

Someone at work is obsessed with WoW. Now, I'm under the impression that hes tainted by some kind of warp god, because after X years of me saying "I hate WoW", I'm actually wanting to give it a go. I think it was him telling me about Warhammer Online that got me wanting to smack something with a sword.... Anyway, I was just wondering how badly the graphics in WoW have aged since it's release. Can someone please take a screenshot of the game with everything on the highest settings for me? I've tried google but it's not exactly.. helpful.
    Would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    bob.

Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

I'm glad you posted this because I am really interested as well! I've been hyping this up for a while being a GW game (Dawn of War has been a monster game) and all and my WOW nerd friends are the ones that are telling me, "Dude it looks gay." which has me just a little peeved really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Just show them the screenshots of DOW2, that should shut them up
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...108_162741.jpg

May help.

Okay, I admit thats not the best picture so heres another;

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...907_202616.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0-15-08-65.jpg

The graphics arent as detailed as WAR is going to be, just liek comparing Guild wars to WoW, Guild Wars wins but WoW's graphics arent that below either of them.
    Last edited by Pancakes; April 24th, 2008 at 03:22.
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played WoW for quite a while, and when i came back to it the graphics werent as nice as i remembered. The gameplay and lore are what made WoW, not its looks.

Plus its hard to care about how pretty your elf looks when you're in a 40 vs. 40 battleground, trying desperately to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Lore? Blizzard has butchered their Warcraft setting so badly it isn't even close to being the same as it was.

Anyway, on the WOW graphics standpoint. Even when it first came out the graphics weren't that great, but it is an MMO. Understandably, the graphics for a game that might have hundreds of people in the same place needs to be a little on the crappy side. If you have never played an MMO before than WOW is definately a good choice. WOW is the epitome of what Blizzard does best, they take a game style that is tried and true and then they perfect it.

The game is showing its age, however, in more places than just the graphics. If you can hold out a couple more months for WAR, you can save yourself enough money to get that straight away.

+ Reply to Thread