Librarium Online Forums banner

Will you be in the Open Beta

Have/will you pre-order the Collector's Edition

2K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  gritz2m 
#1 ·
Simple question - I ask primarily for the sake of knowing how many will be in the open beta (when it finally arrives). I myself have already ordered and am waiting giddy-as-a-schoolgirl to take my first crack at WAR.

#3 ·
Alas, I haven't the funds for the CE (as I just bought a new computer to play WAR). I'll be starting on opening day like regular joe =).

-H

#9 ·
I'm pretty upset.

Neither of my local Gamestop stores had the beta codes. The Best Buy representative I talked with didn't have any idea what I was talking about.

So I went to the W.A.R. website, and they said that online retailers would email the beta codes in the confirmation email once you pre-order. I just laid down $100 ($15 shipping and $5 tax... outrageous) for the Collector's Edition, got the confirmation email... and voila, no beta access codes.

Very not cool. I should have went to Best Buy in person to see if they had the codes in person. I plan on contacting the W.A.R. guys about it, but I'm 99% positive that they're just going to say "it was a 'while supplies last' thing."

Aren't you supposed to be guaranteed a spot in the open beta if you pre-order the CE?

#14 ·
Just wait till the CE ships, then start checking e-bay. I reckon there are plenty of folks who've pre-ordered the CE that don't play tabletop. I'm sure you'll start seeing them pop up in auctions =).

-H

#19 · (Edited)
Alright, so I'm a sucker. I can accept that.

Pre-ordered today from EAStore.com. We'll see how it pans out, with the beta access codes =).

-H

P.S. If anyone else who is not planning on ordering the CE plays tabletop, and would like the mini, feel free to PM me. I've got no problem giving a fellow LO member an early Christmas present. Of course, preference will go to members of the Legio Librarium on a first-PM-first-serve basis, so sign up now =D.

#21 ·
It's free movement rather than click-to-move. Like Everquest, City of Heroes/Villains, Lord of the Rings Online, and probably many others.

-H

#26 ·
yes. took like 4 days to get a response.

when i finally got one, i opened the email and saw.

*file could not be decrypted properly*

or something to that extent.

so yeah

when i check order status online it says in process. i think it will stay that way until it releases. it might just be the way best buy does things.

ill call them in the morning.

#28 ·
I voted NO.

I intended to play this game, with a vengence.
But IMO it got over hyped and it somewhat disapointed me when the original happy-shock wore off. Now it pretty much looks like WoW to me, but then set in the Warhammer world.

I might get it eventualy, when I can play a Woodelven wardancer.

BUT, what I am planning on pre-ordering is Diablo 3.
You'll have to kill me to prevent me from playing that game.

#30 ·
Sure, it looks like WoW... with a better interface, better graphics, better setting, better guild system, better PVP settings (RVR wins). If you really want to compare what it's supposed to be with what WoW is, you'll find that WoW is aged and a bit boring in comparison.

That said, yes I do play WoW (none of the endgame stuff, things like that don't usually do it for me; hopefully WAR changes that) and I am going to be playing it for the 2-3 months it will take for the open beta to be released for WAR, and maybe up until WAR is finally released. After WAR comes about, I will (hopefully) try to post an in-depth comparative review. Should be great fun. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.