Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy (read: waste money on) MW2?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can't wait to feed the fat cash cow

7 53.85%
  • No, theres no way I'm paying money for a gimped console port

6 46.15%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Just curious to see if any PC players are actually going to shell out money for this load of drivel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

I have preordered a copy of the game last week. I really cant pass judgment yet on the game, neither should you. we'll just need to wait and see but it does look decent from the few videos i have watched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x1)

I am gonna sit tight for a while and wait to see what people who have played it think, then we shall see.

Like Morden says its too early to pass judgment, but on that same note I don't trust infinity wards videos.

CHK CHK BOOM!

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Not long after World at War was released I was hanging out for Modern 2, but I can't say that I'm really that bothered by it anymore. If I hear some good reviews I might get it, but I haven't even looked for previews let alone reviews, so who knows.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I get the feeling from your posts that you guys are not aware of the major neglecty IW has shown toward pc gamers?

PC Modern Warfare 2: it's much worse than you thought - Ars Technica

and a comparison sheet: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4069/mw2b.jpg

Basically you're paying 100AUD for a 6-8 hour singleplayer, and a dumbed down, laggy multiplayer experience.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Well, after reading reviews and the terrible news, I've decided that until it's a bargain bin game, or they change their minds about their stupid changes, then I'm not going to bother. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on pre-ordering too...
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

As far as I know it's exactly the same as the last one

I just don't feel like buying it when I still have the old one

Plus activisions marketing scheme with having the 2 different companies making the games so that a new "Call of Duty" is released every year is really annoying. Activision has been really terrible lately between this and the guitar hero market flood.

Note: I owned the console verion cod4. Also, I feel it's really a game designed for consoles in the first place but, all of my comments still stand.
    Last edited by Kelter Skelter; November 8th, 2009 at 04:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I love CoD4. The singpleplayer, while very short, was good. The best thing about it was and still is the multiplayer - I am a HUGE fan of the Hardcore mode (wouldn't even play it if it didn't have it). I've just alt tabbed from it to check the LO forums

There will be no reason for me to switch from CoD4 to MW2. Bad pings, can't lean, maximum lol18players, no cheater/hacker controls. As strange as it is, I enjoy playing with all these random Aussies who I've never met but still have a good convo with whenever I want to play - this is called an online community. This will not exist in MW2.

So someone who isn't me may or may not be not looking forward to definately not downloading MW2 for the singleplayer. Which I can finish in a day thanks to this new ultra-short-campaign trend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

So...having received my copy of modern warefare 2 yesterday i the mail thanks to play.com, I installed it with great excitement, Only took about 20 minutes and All i can say is its great single player and muilti-player as well. The story have some good suprises and Even tho there is about 16 levels which is just about the same gameplay time as the call of duty 4 8 levels.

You jump between different characters but simliar to cod4. There is a few levels were you get to control of a snow speeder/speed boat. The graphics have been updated to and Most of the background scenes are amazing looking.

The mulitiplayer is really fun with loads of new things that werent in cod4 and Even tho i was only play 6v6 team death matches the game which lag free in the about 10 games i played. You just click join game and It searches for aload of players then just connects to a server. I found it abit more enjoyable then playing the massive 50 player games were you getting air striked every 5 minutes on cod4 but still i recommand this game to anyone.

I dont want to spoil anything more for everyone else. My rating for this game is 9/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well it sounds all fine and dandy for you guys....but here in Australia all I've heard is issues with latency. Poor latency = poor online gaming. 100+ pings are terrible in any fps. Lucky for you, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast