Newbie Guide To Promisance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"' PROMISANCE' 4 start3rs.. guide"

BY MUREKHALIR

I STRONGLY ALSO ADVISE YOU ALSO READ THE GUIDE GIVEN INSIDE THE GAME. NO PLAYER GOES ON DEFEATING OTHERS, UNKNOWLEDGED.

THIS GUIDE IS VERY LONG.. im sorry there is no way to make it any simpler-er.

::WARNING::

Promisance... is a game that can get very exciting and addicting, please play at your own Discretion !
    *L-O, is not responsible for any bad grades you may have due to the hours you have spent on this game. XD and etc.*

Introduction

Swords clashing, blood spattered, guts all across the battlefield.... empires rising beneath the ground... empires... crumbling.. back into the ground...
    alliances made... alliances broken... friends made.. friends lost..... war comes onto the land... this is the world of promisance...

Hey guys... I am lord Murekhalir... not much to say...

anywho..

I have created a lil' guide for those newcomers, who need a little help lol. This is a brief guide, that i think newcomers, and some vets could learn a thing or two.... lol. I will straight out admit.. that I am no expert of promisance, and have some basic knowledge of the game... and i wish to share and help those people, who are in need, no matter if they shall turn out an enemy, or ally JUST KILL ME WITH A GOOD FIGHT, then i've taught you enough XD

SO WHAT IN BLOODY HELL IS PROMISANCE?

Wow, what a thing to define! Promisance is a web-text-turn-based stratedgy/empire sim-ish game where you control your empire, army and just head out to dominate!

You are given an amount of turns per a set amount of time. Actions within your empire are conducted through these turns.

You can make friends, enemies, etc. via private messaging each other... you may... Strive for peace, or even domination.. on promisance... whatever it may be.... that is promisance in a little jiffy'.

MAKING YOUR ACCOUNT

MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT PUT ANY FALSE INFORMATION, FOR SOME ARE REQUIRED TO VALIDATE YOUR ACCOUNT, OR EVEN SIMPLY KILL IT.

First Important Choice: Everything that plays the major factor is the start. Having a bad start, could make you lose the race XD. so... First of all, lets ask the first most important questions.. What race do you want to be? more like what do you want to have your empire be and do? Magic? defense? farm? attack? land? what?

Can't decide? well lets read some more of my guide! LOL. ownage..

keep these ideas in your head..

The 4+ Categories:

So lets start off... what kind of empire do you want yours to be? A Bloodthristy conqueror? a Defender? Throughout my experience... I have found a few types of empires, that most people play. as i find more, i will update this XD.

so lets get going!

The Industrial Empire - This kind of empire builds lost of blacksmiths ( buildings that allow you to gain units per turn) and such and mass produce units for their cause. You happen to have excess troops? you can give it away, or sell em for money, for reference use

Tree of golders/Magical Empire- This kind of empire will use the power of their mages, with lots of mage towers, mage is the power !! They will summon lots of trees, get money, buy army with that, and they like to also launch a lot of fireballs and other offensive magic versus other players.

The "Helms Deep" - Guard Tower Empire- Defensive empire with lots of guard towers, recommended race is dwarves for this, i guess they counter assault, or attack, and those they attacked, cant hurt back.

The Worker, The Farming Empire- one who mass builds farms, and use farming as a norm, for their turns. they get excellent money, and with that they can buy a large army.

*Keep note that it is possibly to intertwine two types together.. EXAMPLE.. an INDUSTRIAL/FARMING empire, is very possible. some go pure on one type.. some mix..

*Keep an idea of what kind of an empire you want to be. From that choice, will kinda determine what kind of race you shall be.

RACE SPECIFIC TRAITS

In the world of promisance, as you are registering you have your own freedom, to be what you want to be. You can be a big fat troll, to even a puny little goblin. This section will give your general information about these races. And what kind of Types of empires they can be.

The Races abilities!
    *credit to the awesome admin, Blood God*

This will show all of the races in promisance, their % bonuses and negatives, and what they mean.

HUMANS: I've used this race on this set, They have no strengths, no weaknesses, simply balanced race. They can go Mages,Warriors, farming, etc. They are a standard race, not exactly one that will truly go solo in promisance, and can't get first place on the rankings without others. Humans Really need aid from others, and from that aid, will determine how you will do. Recieve no aid? You got quite a struggle.

General Idea:They are the ignorant, puny race that has no specialization.
    Strongpoints: Balanced army, can fight most situations
    Weakpoints: Not quite an army that can handle solo, because of lack of specialization. Thus aid is recommended for players of this race.
    Type: Being Balanced and without any penalties, Human players are allowed to be any kind of type they want to be.

ELVES: No doubt, everyone knows Elves are the magic-users, most do not use much military with this race. You possibly need to get some help with military, because you won't really produce a lot. Although, You can get money, by using the spell "Tree of Gold", or ToG, this is how you increase your empire.

General Idea: Little, short, weak ( physically ) little human wananbes! They master the art of magic, and use light weaponry.
    Strongpoints: Magical Army, can use ToG to get money, and fire ball to flame their enemies.
    Weakpoints: Being Magical means your strength is within the mind, thus your body is weak! elves are puny and lack the military and strength.
    Types:

Gremlins: Looks like their strength is in farming. You build mass farms , and then you produce "food" where you can sell on the "black market ', a market where you can sell your excess things, or buy what you need. With the large amount of money you gain from farming, you can use towards buying the military since you don't produce much military units.

General Idea: Coming
    Strongpoints: They get a bonus in farming, thus by building mass farms, you can produce food and sell it for around 6$+ each!!! realize the power of that, 6 times a few million! lots of bling bling.
    Weakpoints: coming
    Types:

Gnomes: will update when i find more about them. when i test run em or have my friend test run em XD

General Idea:
    Strongpoints: coming
    Types:

Goblins: Your all out mass factory empire... Looking at their excellent bonus to industry, They will build a lot of units. You can choose to keep it, to attack others, or you just sell it for cash. Although they got defense and offense penalties. You have to sheer mass the enemy.

General Idea:
    Strongpoints: Being able to have a mass army, awesoome. Very fast producers.
    Weakpoints: Do watch out, as when you increase your army, fast, your amount of money you make will drop fast, and you might fall into debt >.<. Also for penalties of offense and defense.
    Types:

Orcs:I truly dont recommend this.. they are orcs, not ORKS, explore maybe awesome on the first day or so, but long run, not enough to last or survive, no defense bonus.. magic penalties.. not a lot of industrial bonus.. . not very effective.. without aid.

General Idea:
    Strongpoints: Excellent exploration, can get a lot of land, good for start of the set/game.
    Weakpoints: Although with not much military bonus, whats the use? You can&#39;t get much out of this army.... you will die on the long run. without aid.
    Types:

Trolls: They are what i am using now, for my new empire.. They have a bonus to offense, lack in deffense though, and can produce some military/magic, Basically a very offensive force &#33; For all out attacks&#33;

*Grand Master says*
    Trolls are excellent for getting land, even though they lack in defense, that is why you build lots of guard towers. They also get a bonus to income which I have found very helpful.

General Idea:
    Types:

Dwarfs: ahh yess... you know what happened to them in lotr... they got slaughtered lol, so they are forced to run&#33; Defense is what they good at... like most games pictures them as, masters defense. Usually they will build military, and lots of guard towers, so they can attack others, and have those who attack them, unable to hurt them.

General Idea:
    Types:

Drow: Possibly the most famous race on this set, the top ten is dominated by this race. They are basically the &#39;dark&#39; elves with more offensive capabilities than elves, although explore negatives will hold you slightly back in the beggining.
    They do the same process, Tree of Golding, and Fireballing. With Surplus of cash, buying a military will be nice, because of offensive bonuses and defensive.

General Idea:
    Types:

*COMBINING TWO or more EMPIRE TYPES*

For example, :

Race : Drow

Combo : Farming And Tree of Golding type Empire.

Since they got magic, and offensive bonus, you cant eventually get yourself to have lots of mage towers, pskers and even have a secondary, farming.
    You get lots of mana. You cast Tree of gold, AND sell your crops, it gets double money.

offensive, defensive bonuses,are excellent, get lots of money, then you can go buy army, makes you a bit protected.
    more examples will come .. when i think of more lol

Making the decision...

The choice of what kind of race, and type of empire can be easy, or even be hard to decide... and after reading all that stuff.. you might forget what you need to find out..

OK, lets review..

1. What kind of empire do you want to be? (EG: Farming, Defense, Industry)
    2. What Kind of Race do you want to be? ( EG: DROW, ELF, HUMAN, ORC)
    3. ANY COMBINATIONS? AFTER READING what can get racial bonuses and etc.. ( EG: A DWARF with FARMING/Defensive type of an empire )

more questions can come up...
    but these should.. lead to the decision..

or maybe the choice is hard, because you want to be one of either two choices, cuz you really like their playing style... etc... all i can say.. is pick one.. and try it out, and if it sucks... delete your account, and start another one, using a different type or race.

Lets Start the Game ALRDY&#33;:

coming soon.

This post has been edited by Murekhalir: Jan 20 2005, 22:41

--------------------Vote Now | rules--------------------
    [Honor, This is the way of the Chosen]
    [Duty, Bind yourself to your destiny]
    [Loyalty, Forsake not your own kind]
    [Glory, For this is what life is about]

~We are Clan [EoT]~

CHECK OUT my starter guide to PROMISANCE&#33; (under construction)

PART II.

Some Key things NOT to DO

- DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT WHILE HAVING ANOTHER ONE ALIVE.

- DO NOT SEND THREATS, UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU CAN KILL THEM, AND ALSO WITHSTAND THEIR CLAN.

- DO NOT .. BACKSTAB, especially when your in a clan of VETS. GEEZ. You do not realize of such priveledge you have been given just to even join their clan? The members, and clan leader trust you wiith thy life, and soul, and with honor...
    backstab then, you deem dishonourable.

Some Key Things to know
    Some key things to know about promisance.

- This is just a game... SHOCKING&#33;... lol so... yeah if your dead killed w.e. backstabbed ... or.. even betrayed, whatever, you gotta live with it.

- A huge thing in this game, well atleast on Librarium&#39;s online promisance is honor.
    Honor comes in many different meanings, ideas words, but mostly meaning, keeping your word, and winning, and playing the game appropiately

- One of the most important things of this game is messaging, you get more.... relations with other empires... and.. sometimes friends... and possibly even more enemies. just be a bit social active, find new friends w.e.

- I highly advise you join clans, Promisance is all about STRATEDGY, TACTICS, and TEAMWORK.

- Clans, some are hard to get in, and there are some, who rely on the most trustyworthy only join, so it all depends what clan you want to join. Various ways of joining a clan, mostly done by messaging a leader of the clan, go to clan contacts. just prop em a message, and ask them if you can join, or ask them is there something to be done to join the clan? yeah.

How to achieve clan-hood
    gives mad kudos to beckboy&#33; XD

how to aproach a clan in a way that doesn&#39;t make you look like either a sniveling idiot or a arrogent ****) &#33;
    as beckboy asks.

Well this is just a general way to appoach them...

coming soon..

Some clan info:

Bloodrite - They are the blood thristy dudes, blood for the blood god&#33; >.<

Bloodangels - Pretty much dominating right now, they are, i guess the more eliter and.. honourable version of bloodrite, with no noobs.

Long Fangs -They Have a history of a hacker for their leader, and they use to dominate the beggining of the last set, although there is no more hacking here&#33; atleast for now.

EoT - My clan, lol if you interested pm me on l-o, or my account Legion of the damned # 92. My clan, will be more based on the trustworthy and honourable people, we are people who will treat each other like bros >.<&#33; hah die with each other, and uphold the Eot banner.

Waaggh - Hmm... "grrrrr" is their words, leader is , an ally of blood angels.. talk about domination haha. 2nd of the dominating clans.

Clan None - A common trick, to avoid detection, some people use this.. and sometimes you just wont notice it, clan None, i&#39;ve seen it appear on a few sets.. so yeah, watch out >.<&#33;

as for other clans, i dont know what else to say. if your part of them, post your info, or if i said something wrong, please do, correct me. lol..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

yay, thx, although just some minor edits to make things bold.. >.< to make it a bit read-able, and some revisions, i can do that if you wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it, Submit it to me Via PM and Ill edit my post&#33;

I saved this because I know you put alot of work into it. And I apreciate that&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Hyperlink for promisance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attacking someone because they dont seem to have any allies and for no reason other than to raise your ranking is dishonorable, right? Because I have an army set up to do that know, and I dont want to be blacklisted. I dont mind if I get ganged up on because of this, that would make the game more fun for me.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

no, you are not dishonourable. as i refine my guide, i&#39;ll come up with some stuff. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some really nice work Murekhalir, I am impressed.. It wont be long til I come to you for advice.. (Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

wow, thx a bunch people&#33;

as for this guide, its got more work to be done, and re-editted.

expect a new version soon&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its saying to cast a spell, I need to open a time Gate. What.....
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast