Dawn Of War - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawn Of War

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

For those of you that have the RTS Dawn of War. There has been an official announcement of the sequel called DOW: Winter Assault.

And the big winner for next playable army: The Imperial Guard!

Yay!

I personally would have liked anyone else but them, but, oh well ('http://ct.gamespot.com.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know they are adding the Imperial Guard because they had troops already playable in the game. It was the simplest to add. I WISH they would add Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

171 (x6)

YES!

It's about freaking time that GW made a game that included the Imperial Guard as a fully playable race. How many different games have they had with Space Marines and Chaos fighting each other?

Anyhow, I can stop complaining that my favorite army has been left out of every game now that they are finally in DOW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

The most disappointing thing about Dawn of War (IMO) was the lack of campaigns for the Chaos, Orks, and Eldar races.

If the expansion pack only offers an IG campaign it won't be worth spit!

No offense to the IG, but they 'trickle out' the other playable races one freaking expansion pack at a time just to make money, they can go ***** themselves!

I'm not paying $50 (U.S.) per campaign.

That was what was so great about Warcraft 3. It had a campaign for all 4 races in the game that tied together, making it one of the best games ever made!

I think GW is missing the boat on this one.

Next up, however, I believe they should make a Battlefleet Gothic game along the lines of Homeworld (where you have one mother ship that builds the rest of the fleet). But with at least 4 fleets making up a campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh.

Everyone needs to stop being so negative. Instead of saying, "Thank you, Relic, for finally making a Warhammer 40,000 game worth playing," they spit in the faces of those that worked so hard and say "Hey, you didn't do this, this, and this! Wahhh! I'm not going to buy your crappy game!".

Get over it. Would you have rather had no 40k strategy game to begin with? Some people are just really ungrateful. Grrr.

If you read the press release, it said that the response to Dawn of War is tremendous, beyond that which the developers could have predicted or counted on. This means we can plan on more expansion packs or even complete sequels, the latter being the more likely. Sequels always add on to what came before, so we can be guaranteed that there will be plenty more of what we want in the Dawn of War games to come. More races, more levels, more campaigns...we just have to be PATIENT. It takes a while to create a game of quality, but when people complain because they weren't given EVERYTHING they wanted, its like they are biting the hand that's feeding them. Would you rather they rush and release a game that is sub-par, like the majority of games out there? I wouldn't.

Be grateful, and stop complaining little kids, or mommy and daddy have a right to spank you. People that complain owe the hard-working and generous folks at Relic an apology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well put houston, Relic did a great job with DoW.
    i personally would like to see the Tau as a playable race but hey i gues il have to wait for it

When is the next installment released then does anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I agree with Houston!!! Ya bunch of babies!

They should make Tau playable.....that would be awsome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Originally posted by Houston@Feb 16 2005, 09:48
    Some people are just really ungrateful. Grrr.

Be grateful, and stop complaining little kids, or mommy and daddy have a right to spank you. People that complain owe the hard-working and generous folks at Relic an apology.
    [snapback]331157[/snapback]
    You know what bugs me about this response?

It is that people like you Houston put on airs of 'I am morally better than you because I have patience! I will wait for GW to give me whatever they deem I deserve!'

I; as a consumer; have every right to expect the product I buy to live up to the expectations I have of it.

I'm not just going to buy any CRAP put out by Games Workshop and grovel at their feet for these meager scraps!

The fact is: Dawn of War could have been better. I never said I didn't like the game. It just doesn't live up to the type of standards set by games that came before such as Warcraft 3.

Maybe you are rich and can afford to spend $50 dollars each for the next 5 expansion packs with the IG, Necron, Tau, Tyranid, and Dark Eldar.

But I am not so fortunate and I would appreciate it if they came out together in 1 or 2 expansion packs that had tie in campaigns.

I owe Relic NOTHING!

I paid for the game they made. That was the extent of our contract together!

If I choose to place higher expectations on their next game that is between they and I. It has nothing to do with YOU!

If you are content to wallow in the garbage most software developers call games than that is your right.

I am not saying DOW is garbage, just that it came close to being great and only fell short for a couple of reasons. If you thought it was the most "PERFECT" game ever made in the whole universe now and for ever! than you need to get out more!

I for one expect more for my hard earned dollar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and you call houstan arrogant?
    Dawn of War was a very good game and i felt it stuck quite well for a 40k game though i will agree with in saying that GW has thrown out some crap to us.
    As for your expectations, yes it should live up to them but very few products do that. look at the disapointment a lot of people felt over a phantom menace, it didnt live up to its hype. DoW did well and RElic did a good job in making it and i personally look forward to its second installment.
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Gentlemen....a little less angst please. When DOW came out I was chomping at the bit to see what it was like and appreciate and applaud the fact that Relic had the glandular fortitude to tackle something like 40k (although they had to know they'd make a fortune given the fan base) but I've got to admit it was a little anti-climatic. Oh sure it looked great and was very playable but wasn't very challenging IMO. I also don't like the idea of having to fork out my not so well earned filthy lucre multiple times for each expansion pack. Hopefully it won't be more than one or two packs...anything more and I'll have to re-evaluate my position as a DOW consumer. :glare:
    I hear voices...and they don't like you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast