Trying this again - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying this again

Its been a while since I tried to play this game and I have been itching to see if I can learn anything this time as opposed to being smashed the second I get out of protection. The guide info does not match the terms of the game yet. But it made enough sense to get started.

Good luck all.

Hida Reju
    RONIN

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot
    Its been a while since I tried to play this game and I have been itching to see if I can learn anything this time as opposed to being smashed the second I get out of protection. The guide info does not match the terms of the game yet. But it made enough sense to get started.

Good luck all.

Hida Reju
    RONIN
    Well, good luck to you too. If you do have any questions on how to play everyone is pretty new to this code but they will answer any questions you have. Everyone is pretty nice and willing to give a helping hand. There are also people playing that are playing just to help out the newbies so just post in the forum that you need help and they will get a hold of you.

Have fun.
    Apollo
    :o -EGAD- THE COLORS (#33)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck all.

Hida Reju
    RONIN
    Welcome back! The name Ronin seems familiar, how long has it been since you played? Did you change your forum name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No the name is new since I had forgotten my old info. I was never calling myself Ronin. My army is called Ronin now instead of something from 40K.

First question: Is can you go past the start of the game after protection without choosing to attack someone?

The economy of the game does not seem to support being able to sustain yourself if you industry is very high at all. I have already run into needing to expand my land in order to get more superstores and camps just to pay for my army growth.

Second question: Will it even matter if I am getting attacked by the number 2 and 3 players when I have not even gotten into the top ten?

I can understand attacking from above to keep the people below you from rising too much but I was at over a 2 to 1 net worth disadvantage. This happened the other time I tried to play this game and I was wondering if this is a strategy or just getting picked on.

Third question: This is about the ratios of buildings, I am running a balanced set up that does not favor outposts more than 10-14% of total. Is this a good idea since every time I have been attacked it has cost me land? Will I do any better with increasing my outposts and relying on them for defense?

Also I have a question about barracks; they reduce the cost of your upkeep for troops and give a discount for the Bazaar for new ones. Also it has a cap on how much this will provide. My question is they worth it? If I am at almost 10% for total structures as barracks and it does not seem to be making as big a dent as me putting those structures into superstores or Labs would to my resources.

Fourth question: Other than the obvious Clan advantages are there any actual politics or alliances in the game that happen.

I hope I have not already dammed myself in this game but I did start one fight with a person about my size and did quite well. Then I was jumped my the Morph clan and have been fighting them ever since.

Well any info you all can provide me will be most appriciated. Thanks
    Hida Reju
    Ronin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First question: Is can you go past the start of the game after protection without choosing to attack someone?

The economy of the game does not seem to support being able to sustain yourself if you industry is very high at all. I have already run into needing to expand my land in order to get more superstores and camps just to pay for my army growth.

Second question: Will it even matter if I am getting attacked by the number 2 and 3 players when I have not even gotten into the top ten?

I can understand attacking from above to keep the people below you from rising too much but I was at over a 2 to 1 net worth disadvantage. This happened the other time I tried to play this game and I was wondering if this is a strategy or just getting picked on.

Third question: This is about the ratios of buildings, I am running a balanced set up that does not favor outposts more than 10-14% of total. Is this a good idea since every time I have been attacked it has cost me land? Will I do any better with increasing my outposts and relying on them for defense?

Also I have a question about barracks; they reduce the cost of your upkeep for troops and give a discount for the Bazaar for new ones. Also it has a cap on how much this will provide. My question is they worth it? If I am at almost 10% for total structures as barracks and it does not seem to be making as big a dent as me putting those structures into superstores or Labs would to my resources.

Fourth question: Other than the obvious Clan advantages are there any actual politics or alliances in the game that happen.
    whoo...some good questions there

ok

1. Yes you can go through the game only exploring BUT you will find you wont achieve much. Attacking for land then using that land to produce stuff is how you gain networth.Some stratergys dont require mass attacking of other empires.

2.If you got enough land expect people to try and take it wether there above or below you.

3.Message me for a stratergy...i'll probably got one for you...or will knock you up a "balanced" beginner strat...let me know what race you are and what your aims are and i'll get back to ASAP i'm not busy lol

4. Barracks...usually 30% land allocated will get you a 30% discount...in the previous prom anyhow...pretty sure its the same here....

5.Clans yeah...dont get on the wrong side of DDC :cool: aw we rock

Closed Thread