Prom 2 changes.. suggestions.. etc.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Prom 2 changes.. suggestions.. etc..

Prom 2 has been sucking big wang lately.

big wang...

haha As admin/mod my job is to help and support the prom community at L-O.

You and I both know that prom 2 is pretty dead right now.. and.. yeahhhhh.

So here is a topic that i shall sticky, and when done, will send to black hat to see our comments and ideas to improve the game.

So list below what you want and dont want.
    Not everything will be suggested to blackhat.. only the reasonable ideas.

- Color Changes.. its tarded..
    - Set Ending Dates .. so we know how long its going for..
    - Somehow make killing harder??
    - More advertisement of the new prom.. to bring in more players

hmhmhm and your suggestions..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I begin I would like to thank you for taking on this issue. I spent a lot of time here and to see it fall just sux.. I am also glad to see a new admin and one whom loves the game and still plays. It was a good choice and it will add greatly to the server.

1. First of all, I liked it before the addition of the post count. I understand the rules and such forth but we are not all 40k players playing separate games and are actually play each other unlike the rest of this site. Our conversations are going to break the rules as the game changes and heats... we cannot be moderated like people who are posting their army composition in the wrong forum or egging one other on in inappropriate manners.. I cant egg people on in the game because having everyone else read it adds flavor and pressure that cant be far more persuasive. The rest of the forum is way disconnected from the prom as the game is way different, but for us to attract new players and go outside the Warhammer arena we will have to adapt or just be happy playing with the normal site members.

2. The ease at which one empire can kill another is just ridiculous and needs to be fixed.. I like the heal hero but perhaps a hit limit for non clanned empires would be good.

A. 25 hit max on non clanned empires

3. When I first joined the color was really cool.. It was all black with some side effects that I could live with.. Get a better looking prom for gods sake..

4. Finish the translation and fix the game era thingy.. The stats are all the same as far as guide is concerned but if I waste time testing it out I would be killed for not killing..

A. Past be called past and based on fantasy battle.
    B. Present be called present and based on the present.
    C. Future be called future and based on 40k.

5. The names need to be fixed. Get the hawks out of the game and get psykers in. Period.

6. That’s a good start..
    Last edited by HeadCheese; April 19th, 2005 at 14:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the war with unclanned empires thing.

The 25 hit limit might be a bit to low, I'd vote for a 30 hit +3 per hour limit.

Too many troops can be stored on the PM, lets take that down to 20-30%.

Gotta agree with everyone else on names and colors.

Heroes. If they stay in the game they at least need to be harder to get. Could possibly make some negative effects from having them. For example, the attack hero gives you a 25% bonus to attack, but a 25% penalty to defense to.

It was better when the units in different eras had different stats. More strategy involved.

Like everyone else, I think killing is way to easy. Something should be done about that. Maybe last 100 acres only gives you 1 acre per attack or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

heh nice suggestions keep it coming

oh and about the prom forum rules.. i'll be also mentioning that to blackhat a bit..
    as i know forums is where it is all at well it use to be at ahaha.

and flaming, or such sorts is part of gameplay and etc.

basically we want to rad out the things taht make prom 2 unattractive, and make it attractive again, and more advertised

im guessing.. 99% of L-O don't know we even exist..
    hah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so far I agree with everything but

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Raunch
    Heroes. If they stay in the game they at least need to be harder to get. Could possibly make some negative effects from having them. For example, the attack hero gives you a 25% bonus to attack, but a 25% penalty to defense to.
    25% penalty is too much but a penalty is a good idea. Maybe 5-10% and 5-10% penalty on your costs and farms. It's allowing you to have more troops basically might as well make you pay for them a bit too.

As far as the heal hero, he can stay but at least get rid of the heal spell. The combo is WAY TO POWERFUL. If that didn't exist than it would even things out a bit more.

Same going for other heros have some kind of penalty for all.

As for the forums, I agree, I would rather have no post counts or be segregated from the other forums so we can have a bit more freedoms than we have now. I never go onto the other parts of LO so my posts don't really matter in the other forums.

Can't think of anymore but if I do I will just edit this post and add to it.

Edit:

Some may disagree with this but there shouldn't be a limit on hitting someone with less net worth than you. By this I mean I try and do a kill run to kill one of my enemies and I can't finish them off because they have too low of a net worth even though they started at a high net worth. I have done a somewhat dishonorable thing by sending some grains/troops to other empires in order to finish them off. It may sound wrong but when you go to kill an enemy you shouldn't be stopped just because of their size.
    Last edited by Apollo; April 19th, 2005 at 21:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is my ideas for the next game

1. No heal hero. The game is still fun without the heal hero. All it does is allow people to kill someone really quickly. It also gives more advantage to the players that have been around longer and hurts the newbies.

2. Do something so if your other clan members leave or are killed the treasury doesnt just disappear. That happened to me and it sucked.

3. Set it so max turns hit every 24 hours. I like to play the same time every day not an hour later each day.

4 More benifit, as in some benefit, to being clanless.

5 Tell us what the different races do

I still like the game and think it is fun

Not Orcs
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. take the option to wage war on unclanned emps out
    2. take heros out
    3. Nerf grains
    4. Hit limit 50 unless at war
    5. Limit clan size 9 empires
    6. Take that stoopid clan market out
    7. MaKe It AlL PiNk AnD BluE iN ColOuR PlEaSe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Finish the translation and fix the dame era thingy.. The stats are all the same as far as guide is concerned but if I waste time testing it out I would be killed for not killing..

A. Past be called past and based on fantasy battle.
    B. Present be called present and based on the present.
    C. Future be called future and based on 40k.

5. The names need to be fixed. Get the hawks out of the game and get psykers in. Periods.
    You guys wouldn't have that problem if whomever downloaded the FAF code had actually changed the stuff around for you.
    Last edited by Urran Voh; April 19th, 2005 at 22:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Urran Voh
    You guys wouldn't have that problem if you actually changed the stuff you copy from other servers... :rolleyes:

Its in progress. The code is new here and the translations are incomplete as of now. Thats the point of the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Heal hero has to go. Ive already posted why this needs to happen. If you dont want him leaving make it so he has no effect on the heal spell whatsoever. That would help dramatically with the 1 man killing spree.
    2. This prom is set for indys only do to the way its set up. Needs to be an option for mages to gather wizards faster.
    3. There should be a negative for each hero to counterbalance them so you specialize in 1 area but slack in the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast