Advance Wars 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advance Wars 2

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Advance Wars 2

Greetings from Tau commander and gamer 4 life, O'Dev'n.

I was just wondering if anyone here plays Advance Wars, AW2 or the soon to come out DS and GC versions. They are great games and if you love tactical war games I strongly suggest you look into them.

For the Tau'va,

O'Dev'n

Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

gamesondemand

i have played both Advance Wars, and Advance Wars 2. i found 2 to have better units (love those heavy tanks) and 1 to have a better storyline. what i find kinda dumb about 1 is that the tank unit stops at medium tank. how is that medium when there are no larger ones? bah. they fixed that in 2 and it's all good now. haven't looked into the ones coming out for DS, seeing as i only have an SP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

You are asking me have I ever played AW!!! Look at my avatar man, the avatar <------

I love AW, one of the best games on any system over the past two years, without a doubt. The DS version is going to be great. Playing someone over WiFi and with new units like the stealth jets, its going to rock............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

I have both AW1 & 2, and will probably purchase the AW version on the GC when it is released.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The "medium" tank was most likely a translating error in my opinion.

The story line in AW1 seems better than the one in AW2 because in AW2 BH just "comes back." What you have to remember is that in AW1 BH just kinda "showed up."
    I think they are about equal storyline wise.

I do miss the animated faces during battle, which they have reincorporated in the new DS game. Still, I have my reservations about them changing the system so much; it makes sense for air forces to be able to fight above the grounds forces but still...there is nothing "wrong" with the system, I'd hate to have it messsed up...

I, however, yearn for new CO's. A lot of them have defensive powers which I found lacking in the first 2. Certain CO's fight better on Roads, Plains, or in the new "Towers."

*Shrug, despite this I think AW2 will be my mainstay.

The GC one looks kinda disappointing...

O'Dev'n-Now with new avatar and sig!
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I loved AW2..never got to Play AW though..I do however vaguely remember the first Wars game (War 2020 perhaps?) for the Super Nintendo and it rawked! I can't wait for the GC version. The ability to get all in your troops buisiness and run around with them will be great fun! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait for the DS version (those even heavyer screen filling tanks look so cool). I love the first one (i for some reason never got round to buying the second one). Anyway I'm definatley buying the DS one as 2 CO's at once, stealth planes and a new game for my DS is too much to miss.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face... for ever."

+ Reply to Thread