A beta has just been released. Installation is kinda wierd. . . After unzipping/-raring the file you have to find and run the makemodall.bat file. It takes a couple minutes to complete, but after it's done you can just play.

There's just Marines, so far, and not all that much even with them. For vehicles they've got the Bike, Attack Bike, Land Raider Helios, Razorback, Whirlwind, and Landspeeder. For troops they've got a basic assortment of Marines: Scout, Tactical, Assault, and Devastator. Scouts can take a Sniper Rifle, Tactical and Assault have a variety to choose from, and Devastators can take heavy weapons.

Gameplay is the same as UT2004 normally is. They've just taken a few of the existing gametypes and maps, really. It could use with some balance between the classes, though. Right now I can't see any reason to being a Tactical Marine, since Assault Marines seem to have similar weapon choices plus a jump-pack. Like the original, they should have denied Assault Marines access to vehicles. Well, it is only a beta. . .

Another nitpick is that the Land Raider is kinda disappointing. All the weapons are there and the model is a close match to the original, but that latter point actually turns out to be a problem. It has no bloody clearence! The belly of the tank is barely above the ground, so it's easy to get hung up on things. I wouldn't mind it if they deviated from the original model to fix this. . . Hopefully there are others that feel the same.

Anyways, it's a nice start! I can't wait to see how the mod develops in the future.