PS2 RPGs... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 RPGs...

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

PS2 RPGs...

Hey, all.

I'm not a fan of any console (though I hate Gamecube) so I see PS2 and Xbox equally, however, as I want the Xbox 360 (comes out before PS3) I'm looking to sell my Xbox.

SO that leaves me with the PS2 only. And I'm lacking PS2 games!! I'd like to know if anyone had any RPG's that they would recommend?

I'm a fan of Final Fantasy, and things like that .. I'm an RPG die-hard but I have little money to buy lots of games. I've played:

Kingdom Hearts, FFX, FFX-2 (sucked..), FFXI (sucked), Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (I think), Grandia II (on my friend's Dreamcast) .... things like that, I forget them all.

I would just like to ask if anyone knew some good PS2 RPG's to fill in the gap until I get my hands on Xbox 360 and Kingdom Hearts II?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disgea, and any of the other games that are made by the guy that made that one. I think the company is NIS. I think that you'll be hard pressed to find many good consol games anymore, but that's just my opinion. FFXII should be out this Christmas. I'm into the music games, so I picked up Amplitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Have you tried either Xenosagas? They're pretty good.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    Have you tried either Xenosagas? They're pretty good.
    I saw the first one played, but I'm not sure about that...I've thought about it thought. ^_^

to Errant: Actually, they have it so that either Kingdom Hearts II or FFXII will be coming out before Christmas, and the other early next year. To be honest, I'm hoping for KHII before FFXII ... I don't even know if I'll be getting FFXII. I'll rent it first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Final Fantasy XII will be released March 16, 2006, just so you know. I guess that means Kingdom Hearts II is out first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom Brave is alright, and you should be able to find it for 20 bucks most places. I have Xenosaga, and yeah it was alright. However I got stuck at the end in the big stupid alive ship thing. It was retarded because I couldn't get any cash for the battles I was doing, and eventually it would have just worn me down. I hate grinding for xp anyway, but it was like a lose lose and I figured that I'd have to start over. That's too bad about FFXII, I'm sure that Squaresoft is just trying to starve their captive community. I'd like to see them come out with another Chrono Trigger, accept that it would be good unlike Crono Cross.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Armored Core series from Agetec. It's not really an "RPG" per se, but I can gaurentee it's 1337 status. Have fun!

Oh, and the Gamecube is friggin' awesome. :p
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon
    Armored Core series from Agetec. It's not really an "RPG" per se, but I can gaurentee it's 1337 status. Have fun!

Oh, and the Gamecube is friggin' awesome. :p
    I played the first Armored Core for PSX ... wasn't too impressed.

And bleh, I hate the Gamecube, and ALMOST all things Nintendo .... Zelda = awesome, though.

To Zanzibar: GI (Game Informer) had an interview with a guy from Square Enix and they said that they'd release one game, either FFXII or KHII before 2006 (and before Christmas, I believe) and the other right after the New Year. So, it does look like KHII will be around soon. ^_^

FFXII doesn't look all that great to me, gameplay wise. I'm sure it has a wonderful story though, so I'll rent it first to see.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well I hate the XBox and all things related to it, but I won't let that bias spill into this forum and degrade a system that is slowly getting better games. As for Nintendo and Sony, they have been kicking arse for some time now. I really suggest you rent one of the new AC games. Oh, if you don't see me around for a few days it's cause I'm moving back to Miami U. sophomore year and all that, see ya!
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Actually, FFXII is promising some revolutionary (for the series) gameplay. It's a single-player adventure, like every FF bar XI, but a lot of the great features from XI are being incorporated. For instance, you have full 360 degree control of the camera (meaning environments will be gorgeously detailed), there are no more fade-away-to-a-battle-screen fights (everything takes place in the normal environments), you can see your enemies (meaning no more random encounters), your characters and their enemies will run around during battles (no more line-up-and-die combat), and now things like elevation will affect your shooting and attacks. Not to mention the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous. I recently wrote up an article about it for another forum where I'm a staff member and, although VIII is still my favorite, this game looks pretty damn amazing. It'll be worth buying, I can assure you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast