Gunstar Heroes: Weapon of Choice? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Gunstar Heroes weapon combo?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Chaser (Chaser+Chaser)

0 0%
  • Fire Dragon (Chaser+Fire)

0 0%
  • Seeker Force (Chaser+Force)

0 0%
  • Hunter Laser (Chaser+Laser)

0 0%
  • Flamethrower (Fire+Fire)

0 0%
  • Grenade Launcher (Fire+Force)

0 0%
  • Lightsaber (Fire+Laser)

1 100.00%
  • Minigun (Force+Force)

0 0%
  • Stream Laser (Force+Laser)

0 0%
  • Beam (Laser+Laser)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Gunstar Heroes: Weapon of Choice?

Right, well, my "Halo Combat Evolved: Weapon of Choice?" thread brought a lot more attention than I expected, so I figured I'd do another similar thread, but on an older game. The game? Gunstar Heroes, the best Sega Genesis game that I have ever played, and with playstyles and originality that I enjoy almost as much as Halo and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For those of you who don't know, here's a more or less quick run-down of the game.

This game can support two player co-op (always nice), and the main characters (you and a friend) are Gunstar Red and Gunstar Blue. Together, you are two Gunstars who wind up being Heroes, thus, the title, "Gunstar Heroes". There are four Gems of great power, the gem of Force, the gem of Fire, the gem of Laser, and the gem of Chaser, and when combined they give the user near-limitless power (or sumthin like that). The Empire is seeking these gems, and you need to stop them from getting them. Over the course of the game, you fight in 7 distinct levels with a wide variety of unique bosses, and an unlimited number of soldiers. Each stage has a boss, the village has the "Trio", who wield massive machinery, the subway/mines have Green, a former Gunstar gone rogue. He uses a transforming giant robot that is VERY cool(I want one!). The Sky Fortress stage features Orange, a massive, muscular man that you fight on a flying mini-platform, and the fourth area you fight Black Fly, a nasty little man who entraps you in his "Dice Palace" (think Mario Party). After you collect the four gems, the plot twists, a great power is unleashed, and you are the only one who can stop it! I'll leave that vague for those of you yet to play the game.

The thing that makes this game truly original and one of my favorites is the weapon system. You have two weapon slots, each of which can hold a weapon type: Fire, Force, Laser or Chaser. Most of these are obvious. Fire is a short-ranged high-power continuous stream, force is basically a machine gun, laser is... a laser, and chasers are little green triangles that CHASE your enemy (surprise!). However, you can hold TWO of these weapons at a time, and Treasure co. didn't let this go to waste. By coupling two weapons together, you get a more powerful weapon that is unique from all others! You can also "stack" two of the same weapons, to get a longer flamethrower, a continous laser, or a super-chaser.

If you want to play this game, just do a google search for Gens Emulator (Gens is a Sega Genesis style program) and Gunstar Heroes Rom (the game). The Gens system is pretty self explanatory, and all of this stuff is free. Try it, you won't regret it.

But, I digress. The main point of this thread is to poll/discuss our favorite weapon combos! so, get to it!

My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Well, to kick off my thread I'll throw in a vote for my favorite, the Lightsaber. My top three are the Lightsaber, Grenade Launcher and Super Chaser, but the Lightsaber takes the cake. This weapon has the shortest range of all, but actually possesses DEFENSIVE abilities. It can do high amounts of damage when in range, and will counter almost every shot that it swipes away. And this usually means a lot of shots, especially if you flail it around. The Grenade Launcher is my second favorite, as it combines both high damage and a minimum need for accuracy. It has few shots, but every shot that hits something explodes and blows up most things in the area. Super Chaser is third, as it is extremely easy to use AND effective against masses of enemies, but it's firepower against bosses leaves something to be desired.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

+ Reply to Thread