What faults have you experienced with your 360? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

What faults have you experienced with your 360?

Ok, i preordered it 2 months in advance. I got it on the day of release. I brought it home and i've been playing it for nearly a month...and it's began to show faults.

My 360 now has the annoying habit of crashing whenever i try to save - as all you gamers out there will know, you should never switch off during a save - it corrupts the file, and you lose your progress. Unfortunately, the crash means that i have to switch the console off during a save...which is a serious bummer, as at the moment i'm playing fable:the lost chapters, and can't get to jack of blades - the file's corrupted up until then, along with all my lovely experience (it happens the same with 360 games too).

So, as my illusion of perfection with the 360 is shattered, i was wondering - have any of you other LO members who are also xbox 360 owners experienced faults? Crashes? Freezes? Your xbox bursting into flames? The 360 sprouting legs and taking a chainsaw to all rival consoles?

Do tell.

LoC

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I don't own one (yet, waiting 'til next year), but there have been lots of cases/reports of the 360 having bugs, crashing, freezing, etc.

Of course, for a lot of those reports, I've also heard things where the 360 worked fine.

So, you just got one of the bugged ones, which is probably where Microsoft just rushed the 360 in the final stages of development to make it out for Christmas.

I'm expecting Microsoft to make a recall of all of the 360's that people found to be bugged/crashing, etc. and that they'll fix the problem and re-release it sometime next year.

Which is also probably why some stores aren't getting restocked yet, but that's just a hunch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Some have been having a problem with the power supply getting to hot and made the console crash or freeze..

This post has a good and cheap fix for that problem
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...3998153&page=0
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat
    Some have been having a problem with the power supply getting to hot and made the console crash or freeze..

This post has a good and cheap fix for that problem
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...3998153&page=0
    I love LO. I was having crash problems too. Thanks for directing me there blackhat, i've tried that and it seems to be working! Still couldn't solve the save problem though, so i've had to delete my save data, along with almost the perfect hero on fable, and start over .

But i'm still interested to hear what problems people have experienced - go ahead.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.

RAMROD ONE

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Sounds like typical Microsoft workmanship to me. They always seem to do the whole "hey, we need something new to release and make us more money; I know, there's that new xbox/windows/whatever that isn't even close to running properly, let's release it now!" thing all the damn time. I'm not surprised the 360 is having problems, it's just like the official release of WinXP had over 60000 known bugs/faults when it was released, but Microsoft didn't care, they needed a new release.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by mpdscott
    Sounds like typical Microsoft workmanship to me. They always seem to do the whole "hey, we need something new to release and make us more money; I know, there's that new xbox/windows/whatever that isn't even close to running properly, let's release it now!" thing all the damn time. I'm not surprised the 360 is having problems, it's just like the official release of WinXP had over 60000 known bugs/faults when it was released, but Microsoft didn't care, they needed a new release.
    It might be "typical microsoft workmanship" as you say, but look at the ps2 release - the first edition of ps2s had faults with them too - that's technology - the fact is if they'd have left the 360 back for more testing to make sure it was pristine, by the time it was released it wouldn't be a next-gen console anymore - after all, we all know how quickly technology is outdated. The thing is, as the 360 is at the moment, it's a console ahead of it's time - and while i don't appreciate the faults and overheating that comes with it, it's still a good piece of kit.

LoC

RAMROD ONE

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I don't have one (I'd like one though). I still they should have called it "The Nextbox". ^_^

And Blackies soloution (suspending in the air?!) is simply brilliant.

Good luck Lordofchange!

Love and peace!
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen video of someone turning their 360 on it's side, then back flat, then on it's side again and taking the disk out. The whole time, the 360 was running with a game inside and you heard a weird noise, kinda like someone coughing, which materialized into HUGE scratches on the game cd when you take it out. There is nothing on the cd tray to hold the cd in and thus it rattles around if you move it when a game is inside. Enjoy your faulty 360s :sleep:
    The New Yawka of TheAmericanClan
    Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    [15:29] <Caluin> I don't care where you came from, if I can smash my forehead into your nuts, I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoboss
    [12:06] * Phoboss IS INVICLBLE!

The Star Wars Clan

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gamesondemand
    I've seen video of someone turning their 360 on it's side, then back flat, then on it's side again and taking the disk out. The whole time, the 360 was running with a game inside and you heard a weird noise, kinda like someone coughing, which materialized into HUGE scratches on the game cd when you take it out. There is nothing on the cd tray to hold the cd in and thus it rattles around if you move it when a game is inside. Enjoy your faulty 360s :sleep:
    Sounds to me like some people need to..... take their games out? ...Not move their systems around when the system is on? :rolleyes: :wacko:

Honestly, everything gets buggy like this at one point or another. I lean more towards the Xbox than the Playstation, but I'm not a true fanboy of either; however, I would prefer an Xbox 360 right now over the PS3 (when it comes out). I just like the style better, and I went to Target and held one of the controllers... they are to die for. Perfection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by gamesondemand
    But...there was nothing to hold the disc in the tray on the original xbox, and i don't believe there was a clip to hold it in on the playstation - in fact, the only current games system i know which has a clip to hold the disc in is the gamecube, even my computer just has a tray and nothing to hold the disc. It tells you in the manuals of most games systems and even personal computers, to not move the item while it's switched on, so that's hardly a problem exclusive to the xbox 360, and doesn't make the console faulty.

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast