Winter Assault - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter Assault

A few questions to ask here, firstly, I have just bought a brand new computer and purchased a copy of Dawn Of War (the original). However I would like to try a hand at the multiplayer LAN gaming. However, we copied the disc and it asks for the original. Do I have to buy another copy!!!???? Or is there a sneaky way around? (calling all computer geeks!)

Also is Winter Assault compaitible with the original for multiplayer action?

Thank you for bothering to look at this thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an avid gamer and a lover of supporting the people who design, produce, build and manufactur these awesome games... I have a very simple answer for you : Buy another copy!

And why are you calling computer geeks? there are no geeks here.. only lovers of their repective hobbies who wish to discuss these in open forums for like minded people requiring help..

I have some advice for you.. think about what you have said.. where you have said it and how you should have said it..

I don't know why I BOTHERED..
    "There is no knowledge, that is not power"

ANZAC CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a little light-hearted joke, hence the exclamation mark. Don't take my comments at face value (recommended for PC/Mac users) as I, more than anyone, know the insults you get when involved in a wargaming hobby! The last year of high school was hell!

You see, I always thought you could copy a game for personal use but I now obviously can't! I'm a teenager with a part-time job and need to save money!!!

Another problem. I'm tryin the online version of DoW now but no games appear on my screen when I click join. Any theories?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhh hell, (thats the closest you'll get for a sorry from me) anyways as for nothing appearing on your screen I figure thats a fire wall thingy.. as i dont know much about it.. i say thingy.. I would ask a pro from another forum for games..

you can copy games for personal use for example.. so you dont have to be whipping the original out of the cd case so that it doesnt get buggered.. but i prefer to patch it..

As for using it for another computer thats just a no go.. get another copy.. get another job.. i had when i was 15, full time school and two jobs.. and on weekends i played sports.. so i'm sure if you desire something ...'you can do it'

And for your abuse in Highschool .. i understand that.. its a bi*ch and i hate it..

I would love to just take a ******************* and ********** every ********* and ********* for **********....

but thats all i have to say about ***************

thank you.. have a nice day
    "There is no knowledge, that is not power"

ANZAC CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, you reckon if i disabled the firewall on my Internet connection it may work? I'll give it a try. (fingers crossed!)

The 'geek' aura is something that has clinged to GW and it's games. Even my parents give me a hammering over it and theres no way i'm telling my gf-I have no idea how she'd react!!! She can find out when we're married!

I think GW needs a revamp to be honest, not just in corporate image but for their employees as well. The staff at a store I used to be a regular at were totaly messed about with shift times and crap pay etc.

I should stop ranting now, wrong thread to do this in. Cheers bud!

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I would be careful about turning the entire firewall off, you have to be pretty brave to do that.

There are several things though:

1) Make sure your firewall is letting the program connect to the net. Usually the programs are in an 'allowed' list. It usually comes under security settings.

2) It may be because of your disc, you may have no choice but to use the official one.

3) Make sure it it accessing the correct port. You don't want it trying to connect through a wireless port!

Thats just a few suggestions, hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean through a wireless port.I do have a wireless connection if thats what you mean. No, my firewall doesn't block it and disabling it does nothing. Weird though. I left my computer downloading a patch last night and woke up to find my firewall disabled when I definitely left it enabled!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Torment
    what do you mean through a wireless port.I do have a wireless connection if thats what you mean. No, my firewall doesn't block it and disabling it does nothing. Weird though. I left my computer downloading a patch last night and woke up to find my firewall disabled when I definitely left it enabled!!!
    Uhh...I'd recommend you scan your computer for viruses and spyware. IMMEDIATELY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh woops. Disregard my comment.
    Last edited by gamesondemand; February 17th, 2006 at 03:15.
    The New Yawka of TheAmericanClan
    Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    [15:29] <Caluin> I don't care where you came from, if I can smash my forehead into your nuts, I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoboss
    [12:06] * Phoboss IS INVICLBLE!

The Star Wars Clan

+ Reply to Thread