Fable: Cross Bows or Longbow - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Crossbows or Longbows?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crossbow

0 0%
  • Longbow

10 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fable: Cross Bows or Longbow

In the game Fable, which do you prefer, Crossbows or Longbows?

I personaly can't choose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Longbows all the way. The faster rate of fire means you can do more damage than you would be able to do with a crossbow in the same amount of time. A master longbow with two sharpening augmentations - that's a lot of damage. I never got Skorm's bow myself, but that's supposed to be superb.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a follow up question, in what cases would a crossbow be better then a longbow?

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

You should always go for the longbow over the crossbow, while the crossbow might do about 30pts more damage per quality level, it takes about 1.5 times as long to ready each shot, making it useless when you need to fire fast. If you need more damage for each shot you should seriously think about getting the Multi-arrow spell, even at level 1 you do significantly more damage with the extra magical arrows than even a crossbow would give you (especially when you manage to kill 2 or 3 with the one shot; it's not that hard to set up either)
    As far as Skorm's bow is concerned, do what ever you have to to get it, it does 264pts damage - per arrow, plus lightning damage, it's a killer. If you play an evil game, and just kill all the wandering merchants on your way to Skorm's chapel, you'll only have to sacrifice a single mercenary to pick up the bow; or you hire as many Mercs as you can and visit the Chapel ar dawn or dusk. Hell, I've gotten the bow before I did the Hobbes Hunt challenge (it didn't help the challenge, but still). No other bow comes close to doing the damage Skorm's Bow does.
    Last edited by mpdscott; March 19th, 2006 at 00:15.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

definatly longbows, but personally i rarely used a bow at all, the only times i did (if i rcall) is to kill a bandit chieftan for a rescue mission (headshot! muwhaha) and against jack of blades
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to say longbows, the rate of fire for crossbows make them useless IMO. The skorm bow is 2 powerfull for me. if you get your accuracy to the highest level and multi arrow to the highest level, you can kill jack of blades in less shots than it takes to use up the spell I think(If not ya only have to cast it twice). It makes the game way 2 easy, actually being an archer at all makes the game way easier than it already is once you master the dodge roll*shoot*dodge roll technique.

For any1 who doesn't know it 1. hold X(or on pc shoot button) 2. start tapping Y(dodge) while your still holding X(shoot) 3.lock on to an enemy then let go of X 4. repeat. using that u barely ever get hit, like 0-20 times(not even likely to make it to 20) in the entire game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just beat the game for like the 3rd time, anyway, I opened the 15key chest in Darkwood and i got a really good cross-bow. Im not sure what it's name was, but it was good!:yes:

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Arken's Crossbow (50,160 Gold Value)
    Category: Weapon Type: Crossbow
    Aug Slots: 3 Aug Installed: Flame, Piercing, Silver
    Damage: 220 Class: Ranged
    Description: In the massacre of Olagan, Arken was left for dead among the rest of a fallen army after it succumbed to a surprise attack. He put together this crossbow from pieces scattered throughout the battlefield and used it to hunt down every last one of the ambushers.

if you want all the Fable info there is, you need to have a look at gamebanshee.com
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

+ Reply to Thread