WoW Expansion Races - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

WoW Expansion Races

Hey, I know we have a few World of Warcraft players on this forum.

Blizzard has just confirmed that the new alliance race for the expansion are going to be the Draenei (Horde have already been given the Blood Elves.)

The intention seems pretty obvious here. The new races are supposed to expand the 'market' for each alliance. Right now, the alliance is far more popular because the races which make it up are 'prettier', the blood elves are clearly a way to allow people to roll a 'pretty' character in the horde.

The Draenei are harder to understand, but I think the idea is to give the alliance a more visually interesting (less humanoid) race, so that people who want that can still play in the alliance. I play a cow right now because I think they look fun and quirky, so I get this mentality.

So what do you guys think of this move? Will it work? Will the two sides become more balanced as a result? Will you personally be tempted to switch sides once the expansion hits the shelves?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I promised by friends I would play WoW/Horde with them when the Bloodelves come out.
    I'm not big on "evil" and while the Tauren interest me, I prefer the Night Elf Hunter and I like Paladins. So if I played as is, my friends would be killing me, we always run PVP.

I also warned them that if the new Alliance race was something equally cool to the Blood Elves, like say the Pandaren, they would have to deal with me owning them.

In short, Dranei suck and the Alliance got screwed here.

*shrug*

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but from a player balance side, this is just going to swing it over the to the Horde side until the "newness" wears off and then it will balance back out. So in the long run it will achieve the intended goal (hopefully) but it will by no means be a quick fix.
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Orks arent evil, nor a tauren. there easily the most honourable races in the warcraft universe. Undead are very evil though ^.^ (ima war3 player)

+ Reply to Thread