Warhammer MoC: Disappointed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you like Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • D@M it was good!

0 0%
  • Meh, it was okay...

8 80.00%
  • God did this game stink!

2 20.00%
Closed Thread
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Warhammer MoC: Disappointed?

So yeah I played it before buying it (friends copy) and I wasn't terribly impress, is the Multiplayer any better?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, I didn't think it was really that bad. I bought it on ebay 2 weeks ago for 15 euro's. Guess the previous owner didn't like it either.

But I can understand why people don't like it. It's not like your average RTS I think and it plays somewhat slow. Units respond slowly and stuff. I lacks a lot of races also, which doesn't appeal to everyone playing Fantasy.

I do think Dawn of war has something to do with it however. DoW was excellent, so shouldn't we expect to have a fantasy RTS of the same calibre? I guess we do so, and by doing so MoC isn't that great afterall.

But I don't think it's that bad. I've played a lot of even worse games albeit not all games which had an affiliation with Games workshop.

The thing that bothers me is the high system reqs. Given that it looks pretty badass, you need a pretty decent machine to run it (and no... red paint jobs don't help either) and also, as a HoC player, it bothers me that just 2 of the 4 marks are available. And the duels with your champions remind me a bit of pokemon stadium.

Although a huge bonus should be the intro. I think it looks excellent and sometimes I just start up MoC to view the video again.

But to sum it all up, I voted it was mediocre. Not that bad, but not that good either.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

i voted it was ok, ive played much worse, but ive played a lot better too.

I played shadow of the horned rat and dark omen when they came out and for me it didnt feel like much of a progression, other than the pretty graphics (which my comp couldnt cope with! had to have it on the lowest setting) i dont feel it comes anywhere near the Total War series, and i actually had more fun playing the Battle for Middle Earth games.

Its ok, but it wont win any converts to the tabletop game, although i did get a free die at HMV when i bought it!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    Well, I didn't think it was really that bad. I bought it on ebay 2 weeks ago for 15 euro's. Guess the previous owner didn't like it either.

But I can understand why people don't like it. It's not like your average RTS I think and it plays somewhat slow. Units respond slowly and stuff. I lacks a lot of races also, which doesn't appeal to everyone playing Fantasy.

I do think Dawn of war has something to do with it however. DoW was excellent, so shouldn't we expect to have a fantasy RTS of the same calibre? I guess we do so, and by doing so MoC isn't that great afterall.

But I don't think it's that bad. I've played a lot of even worse games albeit not all games which had an affiliation with Games workshop.

The thing that bothers me is the high system reqs. Given that it looks pretty badass, you need a pretty decent machine to run it (and no... red paint jobs don't help either) and also, as a HoC player, it bothers me that just 2 of the 4 marks are available. And the duels with your champions remind me a bit of pokemon stadium.

Although a huge bonus should be the intro. I think it looks excellent and sometimes I just start up MoC to view the video again.

But to sum it all up, I voted it was mediocre. Not that bad, but not that good either.
    Major problem with your logic, look at Medieval Total War. Great game, SAME combat style. I think the game developers fail expectations. Story line is fine, but the fluidness of the game stinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass View Post
    Major problem with your logic, look at Medieval Total War. Great game, SAME combat style. I think the game developers fail expectations. Story line is fine, but the fluidness of the game stinks.
    Except that in the Total War series, there's an actual advantage you gain from manuevering your armies to get flank/rear charges, use hills to fire from, etc.
    MoC is just a zerg fest with uneventful duels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime View Post
    Except that in the Total War series, there's an actual advantage you gain from manuevering your armies to get flank/rear charges, use hills to fire from, etc.
    MoC is just a zerg fest with uneventful duels.
    I really hate it when people don't read everything...

Mobius, I wasn't defending the game. Please read damit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Was he attacking you then? Maybe he was supporting you and you just mouthed him off?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by BorninDarkness View Post
    Was he attacking you then? Maybe he was supporting you and you just mouthed him off?
    Sorry Lictor, but you're gone. The mod team is finished with you, and your presence is no longer wanted on Librarium Online.

Don't come back.

Now, before we get 100 users screaming and complaining about how unjust that ban is, save it. If you've got a problem, PM me or one of my superiors, I frankly don't care which.

Conversation will continue as normal from here forward.
    Last edited by Katie Drake; January 31st, 2007 at 17:28.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

If people want to talk about MoC then feel free to start a new thread. If people want to discuss "other" issues, then please follow the appropriate channels.

Either way this thread is tainted, and shall remain closed.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

I'm just going to point out that we Mods have private forums where we can discuss 'problematic' Members - so that none of those Members can pretend to one Mod that they have never had problems or punishments with another Mod. Basically we swap notes on trouble makers (as it happens we also indicate if Members have been particularly helpful or good for the forum, and sometimes those notes are useful if we are looking for new Mods)

Anyway, know then that Mr Lictor has had several threads about his unhappy exploits recorded in the Mods Den over the last few years, although he has generously been given several chances to clean up his act and his attitude. I myself support the decision of the Mods here (as is usual, but not necessarily guaranteed) and think that the forum and Mr Lictor could use a break from each other for a while. Or maybe eternity.

Enough said.

Last edited by Hard A**; February 1st, 2007 at 00:43.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Closed Thread