The Zerg Rush Is Back! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

The Zerg Rush Is Back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Starcraft II!!!

I thought this had been completely replaced by warcraft (their storylines are almost identical).
    We'll finally get to see Kerrigan and Duran get whats coming and let Earth annex the whole place like they should have in brood war.

EDIT: The zerg look great. Those nydus cannals might just be used because they look awesome!
    Last edited by LordLink; May 19th, 2007 at 15:18.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

*mod mode off*

ZOMG, my life r endedz!

*mod mode on*

This really isn't good.. i mean.. it's amazing.. but it's the end of my life...
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

hmm

im just waiting for people to come in and claim "ITS NOT AS GOOD AS THE ORIGONAL LOLZ!"

looks awesome. love how they are preserving the feel of it with the perspective ^_^

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

ITS NOT AS GOOD AS THE ORIGONAL LOLZ!

Heh...

Well, I've never been into Starcraft that much, I've played it though. This looks like the original with a polished engine. Sure, new units and ablities... and probably some due to the new engine which makes things more possible.

To me this video doesn't really prove something like; a totally new thing. But perhaps gameplay is better. I didn't really like the old gameplay. I played it a few months ago, just to see how SC fares nowadays with all the other RTS games I played. The gameplay didn't really do it for me (though I do like the units and stuff of the game). I'll surely try out SC2 whenever it comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

omg world of warcraft lost in space lol.
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

WALL-O-TEXT ATTACK!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox on DeviantArt
    Its funny, I was just talking about this to a friend!

"I Dunno, if all they are going is simply making look starcraft look next gen then meh, it takes more than just a new race or two and better graphics to make a good game. I'm definitely worried that they figured they can just make something look pity with starcraft's name on it and throw it at the ravening mobs to satisfy them...

So far all I see is your basic RTS so far, and to be honest you can't really do things basic anymore...

I'd like to play a starcraft FPS like Battlefield or planetsidemore than I want to play the same Starcraft RTS...

admittedly there is a lot that I don't know, the site only went live 4 days ago, but still, first impressions do count."

Thought I don't think Blizzard should be ripping from Dawn of War, in my opinion as a gamer and game design student, there just isn't enough good innovation, yeah its not your classic harvest THEN fight RTS, but it still is, you still have to 'harvest' the control points, and if your not careful you can lose them very easily, especially on large maps as your so limited in the number of troops you have all your opponent has to do is hit you where you don't have troops, very similar to attacking a gold mine of killing off a players gatherers, except EASIER.

I think more RTS game need to rip from Supreme Commander, like the strategic zoom, if all RTS games let you zoom out half, no, a quarter as far as SupCom does managing an attack would be much, much easier, so would keeping an eye on everything.

Or maybe they should rip SupComs dual screen abilities, having a minimap the full size of the screen would definitely help keep an eye on things.

One thing every RTS should rip from SupCom? its MODibility. Even know with no dev kit released (YET, they plan to) players have coded thier own tools for getting models in, different user interfaces and more still, once they release the dev kit and people see what they can do with it, I think SupCom should explode because people will be introducing hundreds of new units/buildings, whole new races and possibly even new games

From the way I see it, SupCom has way more valuable stuff to rip then DoW ever did.

*blink blink*

Wow...I just spent the last 20 mins on this, sorry guys, I guess just the fact that I'll be getting in the industry and hopefully one be making the games you guys crave for means I gotta be passionate about things like this...
    *WALL-O-TEXT CRITS FOR OVER 9000 Damage!*

Summery, yeah might be as good as the old version, but at this rate, it won't be better either.

Questions and comments welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Aaaaw, you can actually see the crestfallen look on everyones (including mine) faces after that post.

Ah well at least we get an advancement in the storyline. It was a good storyline.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Aaaaw, you can actually see the crestfallen look on everyones (including mine) faces after that post.
    I don't get why myself, its bascially just personnal opinion, I know quite a few poeple that just can't stand the pace that SupCom plays at, its slow and deliberate and has a different kind of depth attached to it. As an example for SupCom all the race's units are pretty much the same, but in things like weapons (one race uses lots of laser, so 99% hit, rapid reload while anougher uses cannons, low arcing but has splash damage) and other things like speed and armor rating while a in a game like SC, C&C3 and SC2 the differences are shoved in your face.

Now SupCom can bea fast game, when playing on 5 KM maps or when The Commanders (one of the most powerful units excluding experimentals, which you also happen to start with and is your best builder) are uysed offensively the game can get frantic but it is generally slower.

for SC it can really go either way and I'm not saying it won't be fun at all, I'm just saying that some might not find it as fun or fun for long...

To each his own! You can never please everyone!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Ok.. whatever we do, let's make sure to set up our own club or clan properly this time.

When I register for it online i'm gonna be:

[LO] Karmoon

or something.

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast