Two Menoth lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Two Menoth lists

Hello all, I am currently trying to decide which faction of Warmachine I should field. Right now I am leaning towards the Protectorate of Menoth, and as such have devised 2 lists based off the starting boxed set.

400 pts

High Exemplar Kreoss

Repenter
    Revenger
    Crusader

Choir of Menoth + 2 Troopers
    Deliverers + 2 Troopers

500 pts

High Exemplar Kreoss

Redeemer
    Repenter
    Revenger
    Crusader

Choir of Menoth + 2 Troopers
    Deliverers
    Holy Zealots

As these are my first attempt at a Warmachine list so all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

The first thing I notice about your lists is that they're fairly Jack heavy, which is something Kreoss doesn't exactly excel at. He doesn't have loads of focus and has several useful spells that deny your opponents' ability to use magic. Since magic denial is such a powerful ability, it's likely that you'll be casting spells like Lamentation and Anit-Magic Pulse, if only to prevent other Warcasters from leaping in and assassinating you (Kreoss isn't the greatest melee combatant either. He's about average, if I recall correctly). This doesn't leave you with a whole lot of focus, which is necessary to maintain Jacks at peak efficiency. It's unfortunate but many of the Warcasters seem to be best supported by large amounts of infantry

Anyway, Kreoss still has a use for Jacks, just don't expect them to be the core of the list or to run around wreaking havoc. The Revenger can stay because of its divine arc node, but I would try out a few games alternating between the Repenter, Redeemer, and Crusader in order to see which one suits your playing style best. Then, using the points left over you can expand your unit of Holy Zealots and possibly get them a Monolith Bearer (from Escalation). After all I just said about Jacks, the Choir is incredibly useful for improving their capabilities so well-spotted.

Just as a minor point, if you like Jacks, then I would consider gaining experience with Kreoss before moving on to High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza (from Apotheosis) as he is a much more Jack-oriented Warcaster. The Grand Scrutator is another possible option, as he has plenty of focus but then again, he also has a lot more choice spells to cast. Anyway, see what works out for you. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to sound contradictory, but I started playing with Kreoss (after a disastrous run with the High Reclaimer) and he is very good with jacks. The first couple turns do involve a great deal of magic casting but since your list does involve almost all up close and personal jacks you aren't that concerned about range attacked so the focus works out fine. I run a list very similar to these the only exception being that instead of your heavy jack I have the guardian (giant spear and arc node) and no troops. Two arc nodes gives me a lot of flexibility for casting and when you use Menoth's Fury at just the right time you can annihilate the enemy. All it requires is timing.

Although I don't know a lot about Amon, he seems pretty awesome but Kreoss is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Ahh yes. My old Menoth lists. From back in the day before I kew which faction I wanted to go with. Thanks for the help dasani, I'll keep it in mind when I branch out from Khador.

By the way *chains dasani's arm to the floor of the PP section* welcome to the PP part of LO, you should hang around, get to know some people and share some ideas *swollows keys*
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm putting all my GW games up for at least one edition while everything cools down. PP is a much better company for now, they still have their focus squarely on their audience and I greatly appreciate that, plus steam powered magic robots are so much cooler then my wood elves and eldar (space elves) could ever be. It's sad but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I remember these lists too...back from when I used to play Warmachine and generally didn't know what I was talking about (at least compared to now)

While Privateer Press is a great company, I still get the feeling that they aren't really sticking to their own core design philosophy which (at least in my view) seemed to revolve around an epic battle between steam-powered magic robots. There just seems to be loads of good infantry but not as many good jacks for dealing with them. Hordes, on the other hand, seems to have the balance just right, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

The real opposition against Infantry hordes have recently started to appear. before that it was just a small mention here and there, but now it is clear that a lot of people is fed up with that. Hopefully PP listens and gives us 'jack lovers some justice in Legends.

And it also depends on your gaming group. Some like to field more 'jacks because they want to remain true to the games core principles. Others want the most effective army around.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    And it also depends on your gaming group. Some like to field more 'jacks because they want to remain true to the games core principles. Others want the most effective army around.
    And some people(me) just like Playing Khador. ;D

Unfortunetly I haven't kept up, bit I did kinda notice this a bit, but haven't really experienced it yet as I haven't been playing much into the expansions.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

It's most noticeable for us Cryx players. Khador has some truly amazing jacks so they'll be fine. Heck, you get Karchev and he's awesome. But us, we get loads of awesome infantry but not enough jacks to go with them. The only ones you see these days in major tourney lists are the Deathjack and possibly the Slayer, oh and those death chickens with the Arc Nodes. Mostly it's just Bane Knight spam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yeah that's pretty sad really. Cryx needs a 'caster and some units with some nice 'jack synergy. Bomechickens gets into most lists since the arc nodes are so valuable but otherwise it is just the Deathjack because of its focus-creating rules.
    I like Cryx infantry since they are so cheap which makes you able to afford a heavy 'jack, a couple of chickens and still have room for quite the horde of infantry.

+ Reply to Thread