Prime Rulebook - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Rulebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prime Rulebook

would that rulebook be efficient to learn how to play. i know buying a battlegroup is a good way to start. Or should i get the newest books and what is the difference? expansion rules?

Last edited by xpistalpetex; October 8th, 2007 at 07:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

A Battlegroup and Prime Remix is an excellent start. The Expansions gives you new units and new rules, as well as such things as special campaigns and the sort. All the new rules are in Prime Remix, but new units are not.

But just start with a Battlegroup and Prime Remix. It's the best way to get inte this fantastic game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot for the reply..now thats covered, the challenge is to find people to play with now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

If you head over to PP's forums, you can find them.

And if you want to learn the rest of your faction, without shelling out the big bucks, you can buy the mark2 set of faction cards. roughly $15 and has each and every unit/caster/solo/cav/jack in it. Plus you get the newest rules for the units (some have changed).

As to finding someone, getting a local into it isn't too bad, as the battleforce/warp pack (hordes) will run you around 25-50 depending if you ebay it or not. And that gets you a caster/warlock and some jacks/warbeasts.

From there, there's all sorts of ways to expand.

And welcome!

Oh, and make sure it's PRIME REMIX, not just prime. Very big difference.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply, o ya does prime remix actually have a listing of each group like an example would be 3rd edition of 40k dont know about 4th since i haven't touch it. Or is it like confrontation 3 book with no listings of units?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xpistalpetex View Post
    thanks for the reply, o ya does prime remix actually have a listing of each group like an example would be 3rd edition of 40k dont know about 4th since i haven't touch it. Or is it like confrontation 3 book with no listings of units?
    Prime remix is akin to the old second edition-it had some of the basics listed, just none of the advanced stuff.

It does include the rules for EVERYTHING released so far, it has artillary rules, trample, and calvery rules, as well as bonding.

It has the units from the original prime, but has updated them with their new rules and wording (some changed slightly), and has the fluff for them, as well as the stats but doesn't list the newer stuff.

If you do a simple search for ringsnakes battle college-well, here, this whole thing is a link I hope

That lists almost all the different units, solos, casters, jacks, and has a run down of what they can do. plus, the PP forums can provide a ton more info if you check the tactics thread for the different factions.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
    My armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info, ya i was hoping it wouldn't be like the confrontation rulebook since it doesn't have race/unit description.

u rock 8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Glad I could answer your questions.

On a completely other tangent, got my first Hordes game in last night. Lost, but it was VERY close. Forgot about his bog trogs and lost a chunk of my raptors. My reindeer proceeded to MINCE his bronzeback after the angelius played pin the tail THROUGH the titan.

All in all, I killed almost everything he had, but his feat crunched me, and I should have bled when I thought to, but didn't.

So his list is 1:1 against me, as my warmachine list won in another UBER tight game of warlock vs warcaster one on one stabby to the death.

Hope you decide to jump in, as the gaming system is pretty well thought out, and the support is simply awesome.

So, any thoughts on which faction you want to play?
    My armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinkin Protectorate of Menoth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

The Protectorate is great. Very cool combo of faith, fire, 'jacks and religious fanatics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast