Thinking about starting Menoth - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Thinking about starting Menoth

*Starters WOW its been a long time since I posted a topic or on a topic.*

Anywho, In the land of Warhammer 40k I play the Imperium, and so I thought I might continue that similar cause in Warmachine.

I like the Menoth models the best out of all of them, my only problem is I don't really like the starter set, if someone can give me some heads up about the starter, what its strengths and weaknesses are, then I'd consider buying to it, and adding other models as I go along, but right now I'm thinking of just buying a warcaster, a jack and a box of units maybe a solo too, to get started.

Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

As I've seen with the starter sets, they are all very balanced to play against other starter sets.
    They are great if you don't know the game and just want to get started and get a good idea of how the game is played, but all of them are rather blah, and only sort of give you an idea of how one particular warcaster's balances work out.

I know for me, I would have been better off picking up individual units after research(like I do with my other hobbies) instead of getting the starter box(though its been quite handy for playing with other newbies to teach them, its been very handy).

Praface: I've never played against protectorate.
    From reading on them and general observations include that they are an incredible synergestic (sp?) army.
    The problem is, they can't take many or any mercs that I've noticed, so you're limited to what their faction can pump out.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm dude, no offense, but I got a question. What happened to you not wanting to play WM? And I thought you liked Cygnar...

Oh well whatever you already know I'm after the same army, just check my what to get thread that I started here.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menoth is pretty cool and as someone who has most of the starter box (I use a guardian instead of the mace guy as my heavy warjack) it is a fun set. I only have about 20 or 30 battles under my belt so far but from what I have found integration is key. The models that menoth has are more durable then their cygnar counterparts but don't have the same punch as the khador horrors. By combining your feat (knock down everybody but yourself) and a high focus you can pummel your enemy with fairly high strength attacks. Oh, and fire is totally awesome against the low armor cygnar jacks and devastating against cryx (provided you can hit them) but against Khador it's really just a joke. This all just what I have found in the heat of battle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Well since I found out what my buddies doing, does anyone want to refresh me on Cryx? Aether the odds I want the same models as you... i dont want to know, OK change to cryx, I always did like the undead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Okay, Cryx is essentially a fast-and-fragile faction. As you know, they're made up of the undead and even their jacks are designed in such a way that you have to literally knock off every system before they finally die, which I think is really cool. Cryx also focuses a lot on the magical powers of its Warcasters - many have hard-hitting spells and their range is only extended by the relative availability of arc nodes on their jacks, which increase their range by an order of magnitude and form the basis of numerous assassination lists. If you are looking purely at Prime, they are fairly balanced with regard to jacks vs. infantry but as time has gone on and new expansions have been released, their infantry has just become overwhelmingly powerful compared to the giant robots. I don't say this to deter you, just to make sure you know what you're getting into before you take the plunge; after all, this was the reason that I stopped playing Warmachine in the first place. I got into it for giant robots and Khador doesn't really appeal to me, so...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Can cryx win with minimal amounts of troops and more jacks and warcasters?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

How about Cryx

how about i can't decide, but i'm not in the mood to play menoth so give me a run down on everyone maybe, i'm doing research on my own but only so much can be done w/out knowledge from someone whos played a bit.
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; December 4th, 2007 at 14:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Can cryx win with minimal amounts of troops and more jacks and warcasters?
    Well it depends on what kind of style you're willing to play and the extent to which you're willing to resort to power builds. The Witch Coven of Garlghast (Apotheosis) are the queens of assassination, as far as I can remember, and they pull it off with a multitude of death chickens (Deathrippers, the cheapest arc node available to Cryx), and the Deathjack (Apotheosis) also sees a fair amount of use. Both the Seether and Slayer (in that order) have seen use with the Lich Lord Terminus. Really, any Warcaster can find a use for the arc nodes mounted on death chickens and other bonejacks but really, the majority of all helljacks tend to be at a disadvantage compared to the jacks of other factions as well as Cryx's solos and infantry, which are, to put it politely, quite dirty.

+ Reply to Thread