[500 Menoth] Severius - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

[500 Menoth] Severius

I've grown to love the look of Protectorate models and their mutually supporting / sacrificial nature favors my natural playstyle. I pointed up a list with my favorite-looking 'caster. Any Menites out there with opinions are sought, because I have little-to-no idea what I'm doing. (except increasing the activity in the PP section.)

Severius (Snape)
    - Revenger
    - Redeemer
    - Guardian
    Vilmon
    Choir (x6)
    Zealots (x10) + Monolith
    Wrack

As far as I can tell, it's got good model count, good beatdown, decent buffing, decent range. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

+1 and hopefully getting more attention to your post. I honestly wish I could help with suggestions or comments as to what to look for/try/avoid, but we only have 1 menoth player in our area, and he's been in japan for most of the year since I started playing, so I'm ZERO good to you. Sorry.

About the only things I can comment on are th choir and vilmon, both of which are solid choices, although you may find better luck with a paladin or two to keep his back. Just a thought.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Haha. "Let's have a really loud conversation about how cool Privateer games are so that someone will stumble in to this section and get into WM/Hordes!!"

I built this list inexperiencedly. Fortunately, PP games' forgiving nature doesn't punish poor list composition. (Do you hear that, people who are tired of playing Listhammer 40k?!)

The Redeemer and the Choir are the only two 'must-have' Menoth units in this list.

The Guardian was selected because I like Heavy 'jacks and he's got an Arc Node to boot, which only helps Severius.

The Revenger was chosen as another 'jack. (I'm not into InfantryMachine.)

Vilmon was taken because he's basically a Heavy 'jack in and of himself, so he balances to Guardian.

A full unit of Zealots with a Monolith is pretty cheap, pointswise and is just a step below 'must-have' status.

The Wrack fills up points...and let's my opponent know I'm not messing around.

I'm going to bum my FLGS' Menoth army and demo this on Thursday. Hopefully, it flies.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I think it looks like a nice list with a cool selection of models and some nice synergies. Blessing of Menoth and Eye of Menoth combined with the 'Jack-enhancing abilities of the Choir makes for some 'jacks that can hit nearly anything short of Cain or Morghul, and even they are not completely safe!

The Redeemer is an awesome 'jack. Rockets FTW! You have two 'Nodes as well, which is very good with Sevy.

And,
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick
    Severius (Snape)
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Indeed, Morghoul scares the wee-wee out of me. I normally use Doomshaper when I play Trollbloods and he's another frail Warlock (just like Severius) that Morghoul jumps on and tears to shreds.

I've never been able to beat a Morghoul list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well he is real squishy when you do actually hit him... It is that hitting-part that is the problem.
    And Anatomical Prescision + 2 attacks per fury is love. I have found him a pretty hard warlock to play though, although I don't have to much experience with Skorne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

I love the Skorne. I love their backstory and their "Learning and growing is what the weak refer to as pain and suffering" philosophy. Their models, by and large, are also amazing...except for their heads. Their heads look terrible.

Each of those super-cool cataphracts has a head that looks like a small piece of bubble-gum.

I think it was a joke on the part of the designers, "Hey, do you think it would be funny if we made the most hardcore, badass race in the game pink and hairless?"

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x3)

Actually, yeah--it does look like a good list. Certainly it's got most of the important parts: a Revenger for Severius, Choir, Monolith Bearer and full Zealots (which is basically mandatory).

I'd like to see a Devout, maybe in place of the Redeemer (which, if I'm not mistaken, may well give you enough points for a Paladin of the Wall to accompany Vilmon)

Also, while I like the Guardian well enough, you kinda pay a lot for a heavy with an arc node. You already have one, and while a second one is nice, I might consider going for a better heavy, instead. Maybe a reckoner. Those are pretty cool.

Either way, though, it's a good list.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

You make good points, LoW. A Devout would be good to help protect Old Man Severius and still make for aggressive play. That would allow for a Paladin of the Wall as well, which would be perfect for DArtan Vilmon.

I do like Rockets, though. choices...

I don't want to say I'm married to Heavy 'jacks or anything, but I do like 'em a lot. Plus, the move from Infantrymachine has to start with the players, right? The Reckoner is very cool, but the Guardian has the Arc Node in its favor and the Reckoner's reliance on a Choir of its own...and I don't have the points or the money to spend on another Choir.

Severius Snape
    - Revenger
    - Devout
    - Guardian
    Choir (x6)
    Zealots (x10)
    - Monolith Bearer
    Dartan Vilmon
    Paladin of the Wall
    Wrack

The Paladin of the Wall is a beautiful model...

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x3)

Yeah, it's hard not to like the Guardian. I'd give it a couple of tries and see how it goes.

I also like the Redeemer (especially with Kreoss, where it forms one of the better caster-killer-combos in the game) but those Devouts are gold. And huge cheaters. Big whopping piles of pure shiny awesome gold cheatiness, in fact.

Seriously. I don't think I'd ever leave home without one.

Paladins have some exceptional style, but their primary ability--Brick and Mortar stance--is so gimpy that it was hard to really like them for a long time. With Vilmon and his unique brand of crazy hacks, they've become a lot better, and I enjoy seeing them get more play.

I'd give this list a shot, but consider things that might replace that guardian. I'll bet, if you drop it and the wrack, you'd about fit six knights exemplar and another Devout--and that would be a really good list.

(sorry that I don't have these point costs all memorized. I really used to, but I'm just not sure, at this point. I think the Guardian is 126, the KE are 69 and the Devout is 61. The Wrack should be 5, which would make the trade 131 points for 130, if I'm not mistaken.)
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast