Starting Khador < - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Khador <

Hey whats up i was wondering what a basic 500pt army would look like that would be able to take on Cygnar and Menoth? (my friends are gonna start them)
    Any Ideas what i should get?

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    Doubting math hammer is like doubting the would is round.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start off with the Starter Box. It has Sorscha (considered top five tournament/competitive caster), a Juggernaut and a Destroyer. Those two are STAPLE warjacks you will always be using in the future. They are not useless, like some of the other 'jacks other factions have (there is not useless warjack for Khador, thank god).

After that, I would look into picking up these units:

-Man-o-War Demo Corps: While Shocktroopers are nice with shield wall and high armor, Demo Corp (or DC) are typically liked more because they do ALOT more damage, and are much cheaper points wise, meaning you can field more stuff.

-Greylords: Considered the Swiss Army Knife unit for Khador. They can lock down units with Ice Cage, screen your own guys (blizzard for higher defense vs. shooting), or kill lots of guys with multiple spray templates (POW 12 spray is brutal against most infantry).

-Widowmakers: Elite Snipers. They are amazing. Can auto-kill single wound models (most troops in the game). Enough said.

-Iron Fang Pikemen: Some people like DC better, some like IFP better, some like taking both (me). Really, they're both amazing, and they both trash whatever they touch. IFP are single wound, but they have shield wall, better defense, and are FASTER. You can field a lot more in a single unit. I like them a lot, I used to take 1-2 units per game before the DC came out. I usually take both now (they fulfill different objectives). If you get these guys, be sure to get the Unit Attachment. The UA makes them fearless, they become even faster, and a bunch of other good things.

MoW Drakuhn: This is the big MoW on the armored horse. Can't miss him. Anyways, he is AMAZING (and not that expensive money or points wise). He is considered a "must take" for every Khador army list nowadays. He is weapon master, can't be knocked down, is really fast, and has two lives (dismount option). If you get him, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take the dismount option (70pts total). While tough as nails, he is not immortal, and you want him to kill stuff. If he dies later, as long as he fulfilled his role, it's good enough. Once again, get this guy ASAP. And don't forget to take dismount.

Winterguard Mortar Crew: If you like AOEs, get two of these things. They have insane range of 20", are AOE 4", and really powerful in general. You don't give a crap if they miss, they'll just scatter and hit something else (most of the time). Very good, cheap, yeah.

Sample Army (something I would enjoy running).

Faction: Khador
    Army Points: 499/500
    Victory Points: 20
    • Kommander Sorscha Kratikoff
      • Destroyer
      Man-o-War Drakhun (+Dismount)
      Greylord Ternion
      Man-o-War Demolition Corps (5)
      Widowmakers
      Winterguard Mortar Crew
      Winterguard Mortar Crew
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnx your da man but say if i wanted to fit IFP in there? and is the UA the officer and standard bearer?

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can replace the IFP with anything else really. Everything (melee) in Khador hits like a ton of bricks. I like the MoW because they have multiple wounds and do a crapload of damage each (2 attacks each or one attack with 3 dice base).

But if you wanted IFP instead I would take out the MoW, and probably take out the Mortars. Full IFP + UA is more expensive. Oh and yeah, the UA is the Officer + Standard Bearer.

Another thing I forgot to mention was Eiryess the Magehunter. She's a 29pt mercenary, but AMAZING with Sorscha. You Icy Gaze (feat), they're all frozen, Eiryess runs up and disrupts them, they get no focus next turn. You can actually keep that perpetually going by casting Freezing Grip, Tempest, or have Greylords freeze them . . . until Eiryess gets killed.

But yeah, if you want IFP I would swap them out for the MoW because 500pt game is pretty small/average and you don't need a whole army of melee guys. Balanced lists do the best.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infrazael coverd most of the bases really, but here's a few things I have expirienced.

Kodiak is a solid jack to take with Sorscha, because it can run without her precious focus and the vent steam produces a nice defensive boost. Also all terrain is nice.

Another thing I like to take is the mercenary Kell Bailoch. He basically is an extra Widomaker, but a bit better. Two shots per turn is great and the lurk ability boosts his defence quite a bit.

I also like to field a Winterguard unit with a Rocketeer. I usually use the rockets when Sorscha freezes stuff with her feat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnx for the help now does Khador have and good tactics? maybe u guys have past battle reports? idk?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pink View Post
    Thnx for the help now does Khador have and good tactics? maybe u guys have past battle reports? idk?
    Mr. Pink, I'd like to ask you to please take some time when writing your posts. Net speak and needless abbreviations are against our forum rules; typing things like "u" instead of "you" and "idk" instead of "I don't know" are things that are frowned on here. Try and spell out your words, use correct grammar to the best of your ability, and capitalize where appropriate. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh sorry about that im just kind of used to it

+ Reply to Thread