Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I finally got the chance to play a game of Warmachine recently, and it definitely feels like something worth keeping up with! I only had a few of the models that I own available at the time, so the forces looked like this:
-Iron Lich Asphyxious
-Magnus the Traitor
I assembled these forces because they were as close to each other in point value as I could get. My friend took Magnus, I took Asphyxious, and it was on! Here's what I learned in the process:
- You can read the rules all you want, but nothing compares to actually playing the game.
- The Defiler might just be as bad as so many people say; it didn't take long at all to disable its head in melee. Of course, I tried my first shot outside its Sludge Cannon's range...
- My friend used Magnus' feat really early; it's not how I would have used it, but I don't see anything bad about how he did it.
- The Talon's Stall effect came up very often, and didn't go away easily (or at all, during this fight).
- I cast Scything Touch on my Slayer, and forgot about it every turn after that, despite paying the upkeep.
- Asphyxious was ridiculous in melee! In one turn, he nearly trashed the Mangler single-handedly with lots of focus (increased by popping his feat). In fact, he could have killed the Mangler that turn if I didn't want to Shadow Wing away at the end (Talon was behind him at the same time).
- The Slayer had a good headbutt on the Talon, but I almost forgot that that takes all of his melee attacks (as a Special Attack). So, I couldn't take advantage of it completely.
- Critical hits don't seem to happen all that often; I got no Corrosion that entire match.
- Back Strikes are in the full rules, but not the Quick-Start rules, which we were using at the time.
Anyway, we just knocked around until I killed both his 'jacks, and we called the game there. It was enough to give me the idea of the game's flow, and so far, I like what I'm seeing. I look forward to finding more people in my area who like to play, and clashing metal again!
Last edited by zuke174; May 28th, 2008 at 17:26.
I build, I convert, I sometimes paint, and once in a while, if I'm really lucky, I might even play.
Woot! Another new Warmachine player! Hello to you too zuke, I'm glad you enjoyed your first game. I don't think I started enjoying this game for several weeks after I started playing...
Anyway, welcome aboard the WARMACHINE bandwagon!
King Kong is my hero - causing property damage and scaring the middle class are two of my favourite things