Librarium Online Forums banner

Hordes: Metamorphosis. Anyone else completely psyched?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Stunted_Merc 
#1 ·
So just thought I'd start a thread discussing my salivation towards Metamorphosis. As a Legion/Minions player, epic Lylyth looks awesome and the rumours on the PP boards to what new gribbly beasties I'm getting make me happy.

On an ecstatic note, Minion Warlocks! I might have to simply drop Legion and collect a full army of swamp based awesomeness. Of course, this is after buying like three Jeremiah Kraye models because they're simply that good ;)

Anyway, anyone else excited and making plans for the next expansion?

#2 ·
I'm with you. Metamorphosis will be awesome. My Trolls have been pretty static now for some time and I'm anxious to add some new blood.

You just know Epid Madrak is going to be a monster.

I think I'll buy an Epic Morghoul just to paint.

#3 ·
I wonder how far Madrak has succumbed to the curse on his weapon... bah, regardless, he'll no doubt smash through my glass cannon Legion if I'm not careful.

Morghoul is nice. Got to love the dextrous, eastern assassin pose. Again, in regards to storyline, I wonder if this "Rebel against Vinter" thing has progressed.

Still... I need to see these Minion Warlocks and Warbeasts. My Gatormen, Farrows and Bog Trogs need your love!

#4 ·
Even if not for the new units and rules, I'm still anxious for Metamorphosis just to see how the story progresses. (GW, take notes!)

I'm sure Epic Madrak will be a little toned down from his significantly powerful original incarnation. He's probably still an Infantry-focused Warlock, but I think PP is getting tired of the brick and will try to encourage Troll players to give some other tactics a whirl.

I've never used the Minion units. I have an Alten Ashley painted up, but I've never found the place for him in any lineup for me.

#5 ·
New Madrak, from what I've seen, excells at taking lots of cheaper, perhaps less formidible warriors than the ubiquitous Champions old Madrak was famed for using, and turning them into an unstoppable flurry of blades. It's still a brick, but it's a much faster, much harder hitting brick. Mobile killyness.

#6 ·
hmm *the circle makes and appearance*
Epic Jaya (if you glance at the offcial boards) is somewhat lacking model quality 0 though I think the add photo is less than stella in the painting department when compared to the others - needless to say mine will undergo a conversion (thinking something along the lines of mounted Jaya - then use some other wolf for the white wolf on the battlefield) though the stats appear to be very strong from what I hear

#7 · (Edited)
Just picked up eMadrak and the Slag Troll.

The Slag Troll is pretty nice and pretty hard-hitting for a Light Warbeast, but his power is pretty situational.

I haven't actually played eMadrak yet, so I can only TheoryMachine his abilities, but he looks pretty good and his brick-leading abilities have been improved.

The opinion is still mixed on the official boards.

Addendum: I just played my first game with eMadrak.

Firstly, he has virtually no special abilities compared to normal epic Warlocks/Warcasters. Secondly, he is basically impossible to kill because that axe eats people.
(I always wondered what was up with his pose, because it's cross-handed, so it's awkward for a swing or a throw and the head is facing the wrong way, so it can't be a backswing. Turns out, he's trying to prevent his axe from eating people.)

As his elite cadre, I took a big unit of tooled-up Kriel Warriors. They acted with skill and dignity and eMadrak's boost really helped them...until they were eaten by the axe. The Scattergunners were also eaten by the axe.

When I popped eMadrak's feat, my opponent (Skorne led by Zaal, in this case) was just bowled over by my gunners blowing away a unit of Praetorians; and the Champs and Impaler slamming into his Arcuarii. It's pretty impressive.

He's not as brick-y as he used to be because Sure Foot is gone and he's not as defensive, but I think the plan for him is to charge more desperately and quicker with cheaper troops and unleash bloody murder. I wish that I had brought my Mauler with me, because eMadrak can make Beasts charge for free and a Rage-d eMadrak kind of scares me.

For reference, my list:
eMadrak
- Bouncer
- Impaler
- Axer
- KSB x6
- Warriors x6 + UA + WA
- Champs
- Fell Caller
- Scattergunners x6
- LR x4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.