[750] Khador list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[750] Khador list

The Butcher of Khador
    Berserker
    Berserker

Kovnik
    Kodiak

Widowmakers

Man-o-War Demo Corps.
    Full Squad

Man-o-War Shocktroopers
    Full Squad

Greylord Ternion

2 Mortars

manhunter

749 pts, 20 VP's

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I take it either people don't like posting in these forums or no one has any thoughts on my list? I haven't bought these models yet and would like an opinion before I got make a major purchase.

Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

these forums are not that active when it comes to Warmachine Im afraid. Take a looksie at the official PP forum

Privateer Press Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

It's an interesting list to be sure. However, I think you'd be better off with a squad of IFP instead of the Shocktroopers as a) you'll have more bodies b) you'll have more attacks c) you'll have more mobility.

Also, is this epic Butcher or normal Butcher? If it's normal I'd take the Beserkers off of him as he does nothing to solve their mat 4 and instability with focus. Instead assign them to a Koldun Lord who can boost all their initial melee attacks with his drive, and boost damage/ to hit with the chain attack and have them charge for free. I would drop the Kodiak and Kovnik, or drop a Beserker on the Koldun and replace it with a Kodiak.

Mortars, solid!

A Manhunter is an interesting choice. For the points I'd rather go for a War Dog, but with the points you saved by dropping one jack, you could get Yuri and another Manhunter, which provides a much more substantial advanced deploy threat.

One thing I would suggest you think about is Widowmakers. They're awesome and allow for great threat range / ranged versatility.

However, this is all my opinion geared towards a tournie competitive list. For friendly games your list is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshade View Post
    these forums are not that active when it comes to Warmachine Im afraid. Take a looksie at the official PP forum

Privateer Press Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)
    Well, I guess we're just going to have to make these boards more active then

I love LO, and I've actually fallen hard for Warmachine. It's an awesome game and I've been playing as much as I can.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 096 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade View Post
    It's an interesting list to be sure. However, I think you'd be better off with a squad of IFP instead of the Shocktroopers as a) you'll have more bodies b) you'll have more attacks c) you'll have more mobility.

Also, is this epic Butcher or normal Butcher? If it's normal I'd take the Beserkers off of him as he does nothing to solve their mat 4 and instability with focus. Instead assign them to a Koldun Lord who can boost all their initial melee attacks with his drive, and boost damage/ to hit with the chain attack and have them charge for free. I would drop the Kodiak and Kovnik, or drop a Beserker on the Koldun and replace it with a Kodiak.

Mortars, solid!

A Manhunter is an interesting choice. For the points I'd rather go for a War Dog, but with the points you saved by dropping one jack, you could get Yuri and another Manhunter, which provides a much more substantial advanced deploy threat.

One thing I would suggest you think about is Widowmakers. They're awesome and allow for great threat range / ranged versatility.

However, this is all my opinion geared towards a tournie competitive list. For friendly games your list is fine.

Butcher
    -Kodiak

Koldan Lord
    -Berserker

Yuri The Axe

Manhunter
    Manhunter

Greylord Ternion

Ironfang Pikemen - 10
    -Officer and Standard Bearer

Widowmakers

Winterguard Mortar Crew
    Winterguard Mortar Crew

Total 738 / 750

I hate wasting 12 points, anyways I made the changes that might help. I've had Widowmakers from the start. I know how good Snipers can be in this game.

Anymore thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

It looks like a much more competitive list. If you're looking for a way to spend those 12 pts, I'd suggest dropping 1 IFP and picking up a War Dog for the Butcher. With the War Dog and Iron Flesh on himself, the Butcher is able to reach an astounding def 19 in melee!

One thing to keep in mind is that the IFP won't block los to the Butcher, so make good use of Blizzard to help shield him from incoming fire/ spells.

Good hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would personally swap out the mortars for another Ternion - their flexibility and strategic usage for outstrips the inaccurate mortars, IMHO. Better for tournament, or play with objectives. Generally, I prefer more precise, synergetic units over mortars anyday (this opinion of mine came from playing with mortars vs. other units for a long time).

Conversely, a Drakuhn might be worth it if you took out the Manhunter as well (ALWAYS get the dismount).

Happy warring.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

+ Reply to Thread