It's official: LO Loves Hordes! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

It's official: LO Loves Hordes!

So I was looking at the combined posts and stuff in each of the PP threads, and the Hordes section has a commanding lead over Warmachine and other threads combined. Celebration I say!

Does this mean members of LO into PP really do like Hordes better? Where are all the Warmachine players? I know Pickle, Blood_Blade and others play Warmachine but no one really posts in that area.

What keeps us so tight knit as well? Hordes players on here really do stay close, what with the blog support and such. I posted a lot in B_B's Khador blog but the area is still down.

I don't understand it, but I do love it. Maybe this post will kick Warmachine players into gear, bring it on Gearheads, just try and catch up.

-K

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

It's because Hordes kicks ass and nobody likes Infantrymachine.

Jokes aside, I don't know why. I guess we're just fortunate to have a highly motivated group of Hordes players here. Speaking of motivation, completed Angelius pics should be up within the next few days.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

For me personally (even though most of my posts aren't in either forum....), Hordes appears to simply be a better game. Each and every Warmachine faction has things I like and things I hate; whereas nearly every Hordes faction simply has things I like, which means, when I finally get the cash to start a force, it will be Hordes first. So maybe that holds true for other people as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Possibly, I do agree that Hordes is a better developed game. With Warmachine behind them PP had the tools to craft an even better system. Now mkII should adress problems for both systems.

I do enjoy the Hordes community here, everywhere else I look only Warmachine seems to get any respondses.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    Possibly, I do agree that Hordes is a better developed game. With Warmachine behind them PP had the tools to craft an even better system. Now mkII should adress problems for both systems.

I do enjoy the Hordes community here, everywhere else I look only Warmachine seems to get any respondses.

-K
    I wonder why that is? Warmachine I guess has been around longer, has 3 more books than Hordes (Superiority, Legends, and Pirates of the Broken Coast) and has had a longer time to spread around. Possibly people tend to lump Hordes and Warmachine together because of how compatible the two systems are. People say that Fury is a more difficult mechanic to manage than Focus but I disagree; having started with Fury I can't really get my head around Focus allocations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit View Post
    I wonder why that is? Warmachine I guess has been around longer, has 3 more books than Hordes (Superiority, Legends, and Pirates of the Broken Coast) and has had a longer time to spread around. Possibly people tend to lump Hordes and Warmachine together because of how compatible the two systems are. People say that Fury is a more difficult mechanic to manage than Focus but I disagree; having started with Fury I can't really get my head around Focus allocations.
    See I am the opposite, Focus is easy. Say I got 7 Focus, now I stick 2 on this Juggernaut and 1 on the Behemoth, 7-3= 4. So now I got 4 Focus for myself, to do with what I want. Next turn it all comes back magically to do it all again.

Now Fury I start with say 5, but in order to get that back I have to work up my beasts through Rile or kill or something. Now I have to make sure I get enough Fury back to max myself out without going over, as then I will most likely fail a Threshold check and be thrashed by my own model. As I am a man not used to babysitting my models, this is annoying for me to wrap my head around and figure out.

Why I will most likely get Retribution when they drop, just to have a Warmachine faction since I know that system well enough and don't feel like grabbing six books for no reason.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit View Post
    Jokes aside, I don't know why. I guess we're just fortunate to have a highly motivated group of Hordes players here..
    Exactly. I'm not motivated at all when it comes to talking about the gaming aspect of the hobby in general. I love WM, but I don't ponder over lists or combos or the best ways to nail Vilmon or the finer attributes of Sorscha or what exactly is under the robe of a Menite.
    This is probably because the group I play with (when I play WM that is, ie. once a year, or at least it feels like that...) doesn't do this kind of brainstorming about gaming and tactics either.

We just play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post
    Now Fury I start with say 5, but in order to get that back I have to work up my beasts through Rile or kill or something. Now I have to make sure I get enough Fury back to max myself out without going over, as then I will most likely fail a Threshold check and be thrashed by my own model. As I am a man not used to babysitting my models, this is annoying for me to wrap my head around and figure out.
    That's why you get Paingivers ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Exactly. I'm not motivated at all when it comes to talking about the gaming aspect of the hobby in general. I love WM, but I don't ponder over lists or combos or the best ways to nail Vilmon or the finer attributes of Sorscha or what exactly is under the robe of a Menite.
    I'm the same, really. I was hoping to become quite the active member of the WM/Hordes community (even from a Moderating perspective- it'd be nice to work alongside -t in a forum dedicated to a game I now play), but sadly that never really transpired to much, aside from my Blog, which missed an entry a while back, and hasn't been updated since, as I took a break from Hordes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    That's why you get Paingivers ^_^.

They day Trolls get some Paingivers is the day I question why PP thought it would be a good idea to put chubby Troll models in bad S&M get-ups.

Anyways once Retribution hits and the next Warmachine book starts getting some buzz I will post what I can find in there, like I did for Hordes, and see if that helps bring the place alive.

-K
    Last edited by Stunted_Merc; March 27th, 2009 at 02:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Depending on what the models and rules are like, I may consider picking up and blogging the Retribution myself. The sensible alternative to Menoth for the religious...also, so that you don't have to stand in the shadow of those...other...Menoth players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast