The blight is spreading! - Nite's Cryx Blog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

The blight is spreading! - Nite's Cryx Blog

Hey, everyone. Looks like I'm finally forced to fold under peer pressure and start building up a Warmachine army. I tried to play Khador before but found the experience completely uninspiring so now I've decided to go with the faction that I've always wanted to play but never really got around to working on. I don't know what happened, to be quite honest, maybe there were just too many Cryx players around or because we all started playing Hordes, I'm not sure. I'm following my dreams now. Besides, I have my reputation as a filth wizard to live up to, so you can expect my ramblings on all things Cryxian in this blog. The most bile-driven hate rants, the most ruthless powergaming, the worst-painted models in the history of Warmachine. You won't find any of these here.

Well, maybe you will. I haven't decided yet. Anyway, from what I've seen Cryx plays quite a bit differently from the Legion - whereas Everblight tends more towards the glass cannon playstyle of fragile units that can attack from unexpected angles with significant hitting power, Cryx seems to focus more on denying the enemy options to fight back. This seems to be even more the case in Mk. 2 than the current rule set as many warcasters have spells that allow them to reduce the target's ARM and DEF stats, the two that have always given me nightmares and headaches. There are a lot of options for a direct assault and bloody-minded damage dealing, which I look forward to because only the Carnivean ever had a high P+S weapon ever. It was really a bit frustrating for me that so much of my damage depended on me rolling high, although I admit that I got a lot of dice with which to do it.

I haven't decided on anything yet with regard to my choice of a main Warcaster, although I am somewhat repulsed by Deneghra as even in Mk. 2 she can still lay on the debuffs like there's no tomorrow and utterly destroy things. I wouldn't like to face it and so I don't think I will subject other people to the same fate unless I'm going to a tournament or I really want to make them suffer.

My first offering, mini-wise, is going to be a fully painted General Gerlak Slaughterborn, whom I've assembled and based, and will start working on tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

KHAAAAAN! WHY DIDN'T YOU INK MY FACE?!
    Last edited by NiteRabbit; April 13th, 2009 at 22:50.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Nice work there!

I wouldn't shy away from Denny because of being afraid other people will think she's cheesey. The absurdly massive cost of arc nodes in the Field Test rules breaks 'traditional' Denny armies, and she didn't get any new tools for dealing with or supporting 'jack heavy armies. Combined with the new 'Shake Off' rule indirectly nerfing Scourge quite badly, she doesn't feel like a power house

Plus alt-denny is a great model to paint!

Field Test Witch Coven seems to have been pretty heavily... uh.... 'balanced.' They might be a good starting option if you're in an non or anti competitive gaming meta. pGoreshade is also a 'balanced' caster if you just sort of intentionally gimp yourself and don't take the soulgate deathjack auto-win option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

I sure hope people will treat this as I intended: a joke. Contributions welcome!

Ruined FOREVER

Fans realize something Privateer Press does not, that robust 9-year-old billion-dollar franchises, while seemingly healthy, are in actuality as fragile as two bricks tied together with tissue paper. One mistake, one bad misstep will cause the entire thing to shatter and fall apart; and Warmachine would be ruined forever.

Fortunately, there is hope. The Warmachine fanbase has resolved to remain ever vigilant against something that could Ruin Warmachine Forever, and call out a warning if they see something that could potentially do so.

Some Warmachine conservationists suggest a more extreme approach, that Privateer Press should abandon all attempts at re-invention and instead cater exclusively to the old-school players. Though attractive, this approach may prove impractical as a long-term solution.

Ruined Forever remains a serious threat to Warmachine now and in the foreseeable future, though it's possible a proposed initiative requiring all Warmachine players to purchase an annual "metal offset" could ensure our fragile brand's existence through the mid-21st century.

Things that have Ruined Warmachine Forever in the past
    - Infantrymachine
    - Solomachine
    - Wraith Witch Deneghra
    - Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast
    - Vladimir, the Dark Champion
    - Plastic Exemplar Bastions
    - Whoosh
    - Temporal Turtle
    - Skarre Bomb

Things that will no doubt Ruin Warmachine Forever in the future
    - Command Range formations
    - Min/max unit sizes
    - Free warcasters with warjack points
    - No more necrovent
    - No more terrifying with Dark Summons
    - Temporal Bubble nerf
    - Wind Rush nerf
    - Black 13th nerf
    - Polarity Field as a special action
    - Sacrifical Strike on base ARM
    - Gun Mages no longer auto-ping cortex
    - Trencher smoke bombs centred within 3"
    - Loss of fluffy special rules

In other words, pretty much everything...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Nice looking figure there Nitey, the color scheme is sweet, and gracious for the head shot =D

Going Cryx as well now? I guess you are fully comitted, I thought I could steer you clear of two cheesy poof lists, but alas I could not. As long as your LGS doesn't maim and burn you I guess it's cool, plus I think everyone wants to play Cryx but about 10 other players beat them to it first.

Look forward to seeing what you get next, also I think Denny is cool still, just try her out. I don't think she's as cheesy as you left off in MkII, just a good capable Warcaster.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

lol, ruined forever... TvTropes ftw.

Welcome to the good game, Nite. I'll be looking forward to reading about your Cryx.

As for warcaster, dare to be different! Go Terminus go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    lol, ruined forever... TvTropes ftw.

Welcome to the good game, Nite. I'll be looking forward to reading about your Cryx.

As for warcaster, dare to be different! Go Terminus go!
    Crap, I've been found out!

I may consider playing Terminus or the Coven, I haven't decided yet. I love the fact that under the new LoS rules he can be screened/protected by a carefully placed Slayer. Unfortunately he's...shall we say, hideously expensive, as is the unit of Bloodgorgers that I want to purchase. On the other hand it looks like the beginnings of a good theme. The other one I was considering was Skarre, to have Gerlak and his blighted trollkin join the Black Fleet. It would work, kinda. In the meantime, though, there probably won't be any more updates until I acquire some more models.

I'm tempted to just buy a warpack and enjoy a few Crippling Grasps before the flaming begins.

+ Reply to Thread