Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Nice looking model. Are there rumored to be new Mercs in Mk.II? Because I'm wondering when PP would be releasing new rules for additonal miniatures any time soon other than that.
Ok, here's the full skinny on that:
- We know that each faction is gaining at least one new Warcaster and one new Warjack in their Mark II faction book.
- As for the Mercenaries, there will be a faction book for them also, and it seems like they are going to try and flesh out the different mercenary factions a little. We know that the book will have at least three distinct sections: Pirates, Dwarves, and general mercenaries.
- From the rumors, it seems like the Mercs are going to receive at least two new 'casters- one Dwarf and one Pirate.
- We can also speculate as to new warjacks- since it is most likely that the new 'jacks will be build on known chassis (so that each plastic kit can include three 'jack variations) it seems most likely that the Mercenary chassis will each ger a third variant and the mercs will get three total: One build on the Mule/Nomad Chassis, one build on the Freebooter/Mariner chassis, and one built on the Ghordson Driller/Wroghthammer Rockram chassis. It is possible that the Mangler will be altered to fit a Mule/Nomad chassis since he is not going to be a Magnus specific 'jack anymore, but that still leaves two new merc warjacks.
- Also, from what we can tell from the Retribution book, there is a new tier system that replaces the old special forces rules. They're complicated, so I'll try and explain them here:
A warcaster has a special force that is particularly fluffy. He actually has four tiers of this special force, each tier brings a new restriction to his army build, but also it brings a new special power that his force will have. The example that I remember was the all mage hunter force, which if you follow to tier 4 you can only have light 'jacks and mage hunter units and characters (and you need to bring a minimum number of them) but the entire force is allowed to advance deploy eight inches onto the battlefield. That includes the mage hunter warcaster and her battle group.
If you start to look at the existing merc contracts through this lense, it seems to me like they might just change the way a lot of those work. For example, there will likely be a sizable advantage to fielding all of the Talion crew characters with Shae.
I too am liking the look of that model. My guess would also be that she's some sort of Ordic sorceress...maybe a Thamarite? It would be cool to see more of either in Warmachine (Ordic mercs and Thamarites that is)
It's strange - I run a Cygnar army, but even though theirs will be the first faction book to be released, I find myself anticipating the Mercenaries book more. Though I think I'm just *really* excited about Mk II in general
Anyway, thanks for posting some cool new pictures to tide us over until January, odinsgrandson. Much appreciated!
Last edited by Nechriah; September 20th, 2009 at 03:51.
King Kong is my hero - causing property damage and scaring the middle class are two of my favourite things
We do have a few Ordic Mercs. At least, the Piper gets a lot of table time, and the Mark II rules for Sam McHorne that we saw were pretty solid (I think I'll use her a lot more than I used to). I often imagine that more of my mercs are Ordic anyway (I mean, where else would those pirates come from?)
But I think we only have one thamarite at the moment (unless you include her cadre of pirate/cultists).