Plastic 'Jacks! [Pic HEAVY!] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Plastic 'Jacks! [Pic HEAVY!]

Hadn't seen any posts on here about it yet, so I thought I'd post up pics of the new multi part plastic kits.

The Khador kit will make 1 of the following: Juggernaut, Marauder, Destroyer or the new Decimator.

Juggernaut:

Marauder:

Destroyer:

Decimator:

The Cryx kit will make 1 of the following: Slayer, Reaper or the new Corruptor.

Slayer:

Reaper:

Corruptor:

The Menoth kit will make 1 of the following: Crusader, Vanquisher or the new Templar.

Crusader:

Vanquisher:

Templar:

The Cygnar kit will make 1 of the following: Ironclad, Defender and the new Cyclone.

Ironclad:

Defender:

Cyclone:

So what do you guys think of the new plastics Privateer Press is putting out? If you want to check out the Privateer Press sight, or want to play around with the 360 pictures they have up, go to their main page or HERE.

Last edited by Blood_Blade; October 30th, 2009 at 22:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Wow. Those are some phenomenal sculpts! I think the plastics are an excellent way to go, as long as they remain detailed and not higher priced than the metal models. They are far easier to support, which opens up a myriad of alternative poses for your models without having to worry (too much) about pinning, etc. I think it's a very smart idea, and from the looks of it, PP knows what they're about!

I'm excited about these; are they planning on releasing any other plastic models (infantry, other 'jacks) in the near future? This might just be the bump that I need to start playing.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Wow, they do look good. I love that they're plastic, hopefully it will bring prices down a bit and it will certainly make them easier to pose and convert. This would definitely convince me to get into the game, probably siding with Cryx for their awesome looking Jacks.

My only complains is that the legs look too thin to support all the clockwork monstrosity atop them, and some of the guns look a little over-sized and comical. I think that's rectifiable though, so it's not going to stop me from atleast buying one of these to paint.

Good find.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

They look awesome It's about time PP realised that plastic is the way of the future.
    I'm somewhat with LN on this, it might just get me looking at the game more seriously (to play)...on the other hand, I might just end up stealing lots and lots of bits
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    I'm excited about these; are they planning on releasing any other plastic models (infantry, other 'jacks) in the near future? This might just be the bump that I need to start playing.
    They currently have 2 other plastic kits out: the Retributions heavy 'jacks (called mymidons(sp?) or something like that) personaly I don't like these models, but they may grow on me. And of course the 5 man unit of Exemplar Bastions for the Protectorate of Menoth:
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

i preferred the metal models but it definitely make it easier to buy and sell if you only have to sell 1 kit for 4 different models rather than stock 4 different models.

PP rules. great company.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Blade View Post
    They currently have 2 other plastic kits out: the Retributions heavy 'jacks (called mymidons(sp?) or something like that) personaly I don't like these models, but they may grow on me.
    I like the general idea behind the Myrmidons, but I didn't know they were plastic! That makes converting them much easier... hmm... cheers bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I like metal. I'm concerned a lot of 'Jack arms get quite narrow above the elbow and it wouldn't take much to break.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the narrow thing isnt a proplem with cygnar jacks or mermidons, the plastic they use is a lot like the resin forge world use so you have to use super glue for construction that or very good plasic glue, the quality is very good as well, soon plastic light jacks will be relised for cygnar which will be good

+ Reply to Thread