Cygnar Charger Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cygnar Charger Question

If I spend a focus point to make an extra ranged attack, would I get that profile of the weapon to shoot 2 times again? Since its base rof is 2?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

you only get to make a single shot. ROF is how many times you can use focus to make an extra attack. ROF 2 means you may fire once normally, and twice if you give it focus to make the second.
    If anyone believes on telekinesis, raise my hand!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not what page 35 and 56 say in the mark 2 book... It says ROF is the number of ranged attacks they get during their activation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

The number of times a weapon may be fired during their activation. Even says it explicitly in the quickstart rules. If it were how many times they fire during their activation, cygnar armies would win every time. you think that a cyclone can fire D3 times with 2 weapons 3 times during its activation, and spend extra focus to make more? I dont think so.

Edit: Wording The number of ranged attacks they MAY make.

In the same way you have a single close combat weapon, you get a single close combat attack, and spend focus to make more. 2 close combat weapons get you 1 attack per weapon, ad focus to make more. Ranged weapons give you one attack with the weapon, and spend focus to make more up to your maximum ROF.
    Last edited by mellr0; January 18th, 2010 at 21:45.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quick start rules from the box sets are old. Mark 2 rules came out like Jan 6th i think. And under the cycloner, it does say you get d3 shots per arm. And you have to roll it seperate. Its the example in the book. It also states that if you use focus to make an exta melee attack, its per arm. So by that logic, i think you would actually get the rof profile of the weapon over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

WARMACHINE Mk II Quickstart Rules Are Here! | Privateer Press

I should buy a copy of mark 2, but until i have the cash to splash, this is pretty much going to have to do me.
    So, to reiterate... a single attack with each of its weapons, spend focus as many times as you want with your melee weapons, up to your rate of fire with ranged weapons.

Plus, a single point of focus gives you a single attack with a single weapon.
    Last edited by mellr0; January 19th, 2010 at 15:27.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it now in the book, thanks for the help. This book is a pita to look through imo.

+ Reply to Thread