Circle Constructs - how they play? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Circle Constructs - how they play?

Hi All!

Looking into playing Baldur/Construct list are they any good?

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Well, good in WM/Hordes is much more about how you as a player are, rather than how you build a list.

That is, I will admit, maddeningly unhelpful.

So, more helpfully:
    Yes. He's a cool warlock with a good number of tricks up his sleeves, and he works very, very well with the generally solid construct beasts.
    Most of the people who play will suggest avoiding the Woldwatcher (the light beast on legs), picking up Megalith and a pair of Wardens, and a Woldwyrd.
    I actually quite like the Watcher with Baldur, he's a solid beast for the points, but his fury stat really is quite annoyingly low. I understand it, but it's still problematic.

Shifting stones are also very useful for them, giving you a bit more mobility and some extra healing options.

Support wise, I'd look at infantry clearing options, and something to make up numbers. With Baldur, I like the Woldstalker unit, Tharn Bloodtrackers and Druids, but Wolves are also very handy as a dirt cheap melee unit.

As a 25pt starting list, I'd suggest something like:
    Shifting Stones

Which gives you a strong ranged/denial army, while still remaining formidable in melee.

If you haven't already, check out the current Hordes model rules, which are available to download from the PP website.

Hope that was helpful,
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread