Cryx's extra spell slinger (Skarlock) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cryx's extra spell slinger (Skarlock)

Just looking for some clarification on casting spells with a skarlock (and other spellcasters for that matter). After reading through the rulebook, the rules state that spellcasters can channel spells through a model with the arc node ability. Would this mean that a skarlock, warwitch siren or any other spellcaster model has the ability to arc their spells through an arc node, and if so, what is the range that a non-warcaster spellcaster needs to be within to arc a spell through an arc node?

I assume the Skarlock would be the same as the warcaster's control range as they are assumed to have the same focus rating as their warcaster when it comes to using spells, but what about Warwitch sirens and other such solos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

A model can only channel spells through an arc node that is part of its battlegroup. This mean most (all?) of the time only warcasters can channel through an arc node.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I'm pretty sure Hockeyman506 is right with the battlegroup distinction. So only models that can lead a battlegroup (i.e. Warcasters) can use arc nodes or skarlocks.

On this point, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobynids View Post
    ...what is the range that a non-warcaster spellcaster needs to be within to arc a spell through an arc node?
    I was under the impression the spell had to have a range in order to be channelled. So a spell with range 8" can be channelled if the arc node/skarlock is within 8". If the spell doesn't have a range or the range is 'self' or 'control', I don't think you can channel it at all.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spell can be channeled through an arc node that is within the control area of a warcaster, meaning if their focus is 6, then they can arc a spell through an arc node that is 12" away and so forth. The only reason I was trying to discern if a skarlock could arc a spell is that it's spell slave rule states that "The warcaster is considered to have cast the spell the skarlock is using, but the skarlock is considered to be the point of origin".
    With this in mind, I was kind of confused as to arcing a spell as if the warcaster is considered to have cast the spell, then one would assume that it could be arced through a node, but if you could arc a spell through an arc node using a skarlock, then I would assume that the node would still have to be inside the warcaster's control range for the skarlock to do that.

+ Reply to Thread