Learning to play with Menoth. 15 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning to play with Menoth. 15 Pts

Hey I'm learning to play Warmachine and I wanted to play Menoth so I made up a list based upon my knowledge thats 15 pts that I will be easily able to expand upon. I know I could save some money by buying the starter box but I just didn't feel that I would use much in the box so I chose this route instead. Any advise for me would be appreciated.

Warmachine, Protectorate of Menoth- 15 Points
    Caster:
    The Harbringer of Menoth - +5 WJ points
    Jacks:
    Vigilant - 4 Pts
    Dervish - 4 Pts
    Castigator - 8 Pts
    Units:
    Choir of Menoth- 2 Pts
    Leader and 2 Grunts
    Choir of Menoth- 2 Pts
    Leader and 2 Grunts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Choir is a leader and 3 grunts. You really don't need that second choir. Yes it'd be nice to get a combo of two songs on a single jack...but meh. I'd swap one out for a Vassal of Menoth or maybe a hierophant.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

The Harbinger is a very risky choice for a 15pt game. Her large base size makes her a support warcaster, not a beatstick, and small games don't have enough distractions to keep the enemy from focusing on her.

The Reclaimer with two 'jacks, a squad of Zealots/Flameguard and a Choir would work better. The infantry rush in to distract and their deaths fuel the 'Jacks about the time they arrive. Or Reznick, maybe; he prefers the warjacks with guns on them.

What about the starter box do you not like? Kreoss is a very capable 'caster and both the Crusader and arc node-jack are quite useful.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well its not that I don't like the warbox, I just want to run Harbringer in the future. I don't care if I win or lose with the list, it'd be nice to know what I'm doing though. I want to use the models in my small point match but now that I think about it if I ever play small point games I should have a more small point based caster. Maybe I should get the warbox and use what I have in that then get the Harbringer later on and expand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by krooton View Post
    Warmachine, Protectorate of Menoth- 15 Points
    Caster:
    The Harbringer of Menoth - +5 WJ points
    Jacks:
    Vigilant - 4 Pts
    Dervish - 4 Pts
    Castigator - 8 Pts
    Units:
    Choir of Menoth- 2 Pts
    Leader and 2 Grunts
    Choir of Menoth- 2 Pts
    Leader and 2 Grunts
    Harbinger is a good caster. She's got loads of Focus to dish around, and can stay a safe distance away from the opponent thanks to her massive control radius. As for your chosen 'Jacks... The Dervish is good, no two questions about it. The Castigator is also good and looks amazing, but unfortunately at the same points you get Jacks which are just so much better, such as the Reckoner. Finally, the Vigilant... The red-headed bastard child among Protectorate's Jacks. Sure, it has a massive ARM-value, but it is so ridiculously pillow-fisted, that even with a choir buff it still hits with all the strength of a little school girl. Another Dervish or maybe a Repenter (yay flamethrower!) would be a better investment in the long term. Since two choirs are redundant, I'd rcommend using the last two points for either a Hierophant (Harby really needs one, at least in bigger games; plus I love the model with many other casters too), a Paladin of the Order of the Wall or a Monk of the Order of the Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Yes it'd be nice to get a combo of two songs on a single jack...but meh.
    A Warjack can only be affected by one choir prayer at a time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

If you're looking ahead at future utility, one 'jack you might think about is the Redeemer. It can get the focus it needs in small games and still find a place in larger ones, thanks to its naturally long range and support options like Vassals. Protectorate lists of any size frequently suffer from a lack of ranged attacks and the Redeemer is one of our finest options.

Harbinger...can stay a safe distance away from the opponent thanks to her massive control radius.
    Right, except this doesn't work so well when she has very little to control. The last thing you want in a small game is to send your forces in a couple models at a time.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread