Which Should I Play 0_o - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pip
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I am was planning on Warhammer 40K, i.e. bought the rulebook and codex but I am still not ready to commit my cash into the models yet. I just discovered this forum today weird huh 0_o lol. Followed one of the links to their main webpage and took a look at their gallery. *takes deep breath* WOW!!!!!!!!!! lol. I don't know about you but I really think that those models own any of the GW minis. Anyway I heard that its real cheap too thank goodness.

Anyway now I am in a dilemma which game should I go and influence my friends to come along with me =(.

Warhammer 40k does seem to have a bigger player base around the world (doesn't matter that much actually cause in Singapore table top gamers are a minority) they also got more variety of models, and their recent price hike ain't helping zzzz

Warmachine's models look really cool to me (for once female models actually look...female) and their prices are certainly a big BIG plus for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Bobby_Wokkerfella's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Khador: Huge armoured CC nutters
    Menoth: Religious fanatics that like to burn things lots.
    Cygnar: Techno steampunk long rangers
    Cryx: Fast undead
    Merceneries: Well they are mercs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer has got a superior community. No doubt. But money wise you should go for Warmachine.
    Green is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The basic Starter box for WM is $40, one caster and from 2-4 jacks. Very cool game, but is pretty hard to play (for me at least), its all whoever charges you. But its fun none-the less.

Stormblades are my favrite... :blush:
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it isen&#39;t as cheap as they make you believe.
    in the beginning it was 25€for a war jack now its up to almost 40€

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warmachine has, by far, a superior ruleset then 40k when it comes to tactics... but 40k is more "realistic". In other words, Warmachine is more like a game of chess while Warhammer is more like a real battlefield. However, in my opinion, Warmachine is more fun to play because strategy plays a much larger roll, and luck much less of a roll... (at least once you become good enough to negate bad luck, which is possible in this game, one of it&#39;s nice points&#33

And prices ARE much cheaper then Warhammer. The most expensive warjack is 30 dollars US currency, compared to a 45 dollar dreadnaught... and it&#39;s metal&#33; And troops are a bit pricey granted, but you only need a few of them. The number of models needed to play is SIGNIFICANTLY less then with Warhammer.

Not saying Warhammer&#39;s a bad game... it&#39;s certainly not, heh I play it&#33; But as for a new player who&#39;s not looking to spend 400 dollars and wants a fun game with a great (though small... but that&#39;s changing) community and awesome rules, go for Warmachine.

Another thing I should mention is that if you start with Warmachine and then move to 40k, you&#39;ll be a much better strategist. take my word on this, 40k players who try to learn Warmachine have a really hard time, because they aren&#39;t used to the way all the units interect in Warmachine, which is extensivly... Warmachine players on the other hand have no trouble learning 40k because it&#39;s much more straightforward. Just my 2 cents. Peace&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*drool* The models... they just look... so amazing... *drool*

Okay, so I'm collecting Warmachine next. And not just so I can stroke the pretty female figurines. Though that is a consideration *cough* I mean... uh... actually never mind, all the models are so amazing that I want to stroke them all... especially those pistol wraiths *cough*

Damn it.

Well anyway, I love Warmachine's blatant steampunk influences. The world needs more steampunk. I also love the fact that even the standard infantry look like they've got a backstory and a real sort of feel to the model, instead of in warhammer where unless you let your mind wander you're stuck looking at a force and going "hitty guy" "shooty guy" "magic dude".

Prolly gonna play Cryx. Those undead look awesome. And I figure that if I get in and become the first of my friends to play Warmachine and THEN convince others to play, they won't be able to steal my precious undead.

Side note: They're gonna have to put out codexes one day, aren't they? I doubt they can maintain that much balance by putting out one figurine at a time, complete with rules, just hoping that it doesn't unbalance the game. Oh well, I look forward to any expansion of Warmachine, provided they manage to maintain that incredible quality in the design of their figures.

Pip
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am gonna check out Warmachine at my local store tomorrow. Heard they got leagues every thursday so yeah, gonna go there and probably have a demo game or two, then buy the rule book XD (@ $20 its way way cheaper then the GW's). Probably gonna go with Menoth, althougth Khadorian jacks look real cool but too many peeps play them. Hope the guys are friendly around there =P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first started Warmachine, I just went for what looks good - result i got Cygnar, and now have a 750pt force in just a month. As for pirces - much more resonable than GW.

+ Reply to Thread