Grundback or Magnus? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Melbourne, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

100 (x5)

Grundback or Magnus?

Hey Guys,
    I'm thinking about starting warmachine, and I want to play a pure mercs force. To my knowledge there are only 2 merc ready-to-play battle set things, which are Gorten grundback and Magnus the traitor.

I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with playing/playing against them and knows which one would be better. I'm not sure about their rules, but a friend of mine has the rulebook at the club I go to, so I should be able to check them up. Are these units in the normal rulebook, or do I need to have Escalation?

I kind of like the look of Magnus' jacks better, but I don't know anything about the rules or how they function, so any help would be appreciated. Which one would you choose? Also, are there any alternatives to battle sets? Can you just buy a warcaster/jack marshall and a box of guys? (eg. Boomhowler & Co.). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

2. Remove Advertisements

Sunny CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x2)

I do know that Magnus has some pretty powerful spells at his disposal and I like the look of his little mini-jacks.

Other than that, I have both Merc starter box sets but have yet to open them.

I would suggest rooting around on the Privateer Press forums and looking in the Merc Strategy Forum. Awhile ago I read up on some pretty good Magnus combo's and Im sure theres a lot of different ways you can put together a fun Merc list.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

+ Reply to Thread