Hordes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hordes

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hordes

Well, well, well. . . .

The Feral Twin of WARMACHINE is coming in 2006.

Discussion, please. You can see it at www.privateerpress.com

Peace

"And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

The chief aspect of Hordes which I really appreciate is its 100% compatability with Warmachine! That is almost akin to WHFB being compatable with WH40K.

I have been keeping up on the previews in No Quarter magazine and the models look great. Also, the armies are fairly different from each other. Skorne and Everblight look to be the most akin but I'll need to know more before making that an assertion.

Certainly Orobos is different! They have excellent speed, magic and defense values but are really shy on armor and range. Looks like they will typically zip in, slash up their enemies, and zip away.

Trollbloods are nearly the opposite: Low on defense and magic, but heavy armor-wise with both good range and melee. Sort of puts me in mind of dwarves.

Skorne seems to be the Horde army which is most middle-of-the-road, being pretty handy at everything. The Skorne Cyclops reminds me of an oriental ogre (Oger Magi? ) with its large bladed weapon and a samurai style flag on its back.*

Everblight is almost the same, but sacrifice some armor for defense and speed.

*I wish someone, GW, or PP, or someone make a samurai-styled army for fantasy or science fiction. An Imperial Guard regiment with Kabuto style helmets and banded-looking armor would rock, as would a samurai Warmachine army. Just think of how the 'jacks would look!
    "The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skorne is NOT the middle-of-the-road from what I know.

They have badass armour.

They have badass troops.

They have badass warbeasts.

The Skorne are GODS in Melee, even against trolls. They have excellent defense AND armor, and Morghoul has MAT 9. That is equivalent of The Butcher of Kardov.

Plus, Skorne has VERY abusive magic that makes their Warbeasts go. . . . KILL STUFF BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA soak of damage then the casters go into Melee and go KILL STUFF BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go on privateerpress.com, there's spoiler sections about Hordes games played out, the how the Skorne casters slaughtered the Trolls in melee.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael Draennonssraav
    Skorne is NOT the middle-of-the-road from what I know.

I was going by the charts in NQ#3 which compare all four new armies with each other. They rate Armor, Defense, Range, Melee, Speed, and Magic in relation with each other. The Bar Graphs for Skorne all reach to the middle of the chart, with two a little over the middle. The other armies had some bars well above and some well below the center. Hence my statement.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

+ Reply to Thread