Power Attacks ever used? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Power Attacks ever used?

For me, I love the idea of throwing a Warjack 6" to the side to let anougher 'jack get at it.

Or maybe Arm and Head locking the enemy 'jack and headbutting the hell out of it.

Bu tit just seems to me that maybe they don't get used all that much? Or do they?

Commence Comments!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on who you're fighting and what your goal is.

One of my favorite things to do is use Sorscha, pop her feat, then start throwing stuff.

And I mean, start throwing stuff.

OR

Pop Sorscha's feat, and throw in DOOM REAVERS.

Seriously -- Reavers hitting automatically = DEAD THINGS. I don't care what. If it's there, IT WILL DIE.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Yeah, I used that feat to give me a free turns of killing dead with my 3 heavy 'jacks.

I guess if you were doing a treasure hunt being able to throw models off da loot would be fun seeing it has to spend 2 activations diggin it up.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox
    Yeah, I used that feat to give me a free turns of killing dead with my 3 heavy 'jacks.

I guess if you were doing a treasure hunt being able to throw models off da loot would be fun seeing it has to spend 2 activations diggin it up.

Mike
    Well, the basic premise is pump 2 focus into your heavy jack (as long as it has one arm), spend 1 focus for the pickup action (ie, grabbing their tiny little heads), and throwing whatever you're holding (lighter jacks, people, warbeasts, whatever) INTO a line, group, or row of infantry.

Since those infantry are ALSO frozen by Icy Gaze, they are automatically hit essentially. You still have to roll for deviation and stuff, but if it's a cluster of people, then it's no big deal.

Pump the remaining focus into the damage of the model being thrown.

You have one dead (or half dead with tougher things) jack/warbeast/solo, and lots of dead troops.

When he gets up next turn, charge and rip him apart (we're Khador, we do that kinda stuff).
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Throws are great. Headbutts are also good to put a jack on the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New favorite tactic.

Karchev PowerSLAM

First Turn: Activate Turbine, cast Tow, then cast Sidearms. Move up, and use my mortars (I take 2 with a Karchev army) to pop any infantry. Each of the models should get +3 Defense if I am correct, bringing Karchev up to an awesome 15

Second Turn: Considering your opponent is NOT an all-shooting Cygnar, they will hopefully move forward. This is good. If he doesn't know what Karchev is capable of . . . . . . you have the ability to destroy his army with one Combo. The Karchev Powerslam

Upkeed Tow, get ride of Sidearms, and move Karchev up, use Turbine or not depending on the terrain and how far you need to move. Turn him around, so the Warjacks (which are Towed) are no facing towards you, with their rear-arc to the enemy.

THEN, cast Unearthly Rage and pop Karchev's Feat. His Feat is designed to be used early; if you wait, you won't have an opportunity to use it.

The 3 Warjacks (I use Kodiak, Kodiak, and Berserker) are ALL boosted for hits and damage with Unearthly Rage, and may turn around and CHARGE FOR FREE. With Karchev's Feat "Total War" they will become complete engines of destruction for one round, and just as bad the next, because you can keep casting Unearthly Rage.

Berserker runs up, kills whatever thing you want. I like him taking a beating against Warjacks instead, because they can't be healed, and he'll most likely shut down at least an arm or something. With Warbeasts, it's trickier because they can heal. So my advice is: Kodiaks vs. Heavy Warjacks/Warbeasts (it's chain attack is brutal). Berserker vs. Troops, Light/Heavy Warjacks, and Light Warbeasts.

However, BEFORE attacking, SLAM those damn models. Why? Well, first of all you can slam for free with Karchev's Feat. After slamming them down, they are knocked down and away from your Warjacks. On his turn, all he can do is get back up and move to engage you, or run away. Either way, you win. If he runs, charge the bastard next turn. If he engages, POUND him to oblivion because you are Khador and can do that.

Meanwhile Karchev hangs out with Mekanics surrounding him to prevent direct charges. Yes, this means his Dire Troll can't charge Karchev. Pity, because Karchev's gonna kill it the next turn with Sunder.

As all this is happening, my two Mortars are continuously pounding damage and keeping his infantry thinned.

A win-win situation if you pull this off right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Do I use Power Attacks? Most definitely.

Slam or Throw an opponent into range of a more powerful unit or model.

Slam or Throw an opponent off a cliff to block LoS or give them damage.

Armlock to remove a heavy warjack's primary melee weapon from the fight before it gets used - works wonderfully with my Juggernaut, who has an open fist and a P+S 19 axe to follow up with.

Headbutt to knock the enemy down. If it's movement is crippled, this can be absolutely devastating.

I've thrown my Devastator into the midst of enemy infantry. It was fun.

I've thrown my Behemoth forward at the beginning of the fight with full FOC on it, advanced it, and then spent it all on boosted mortar shots against a completely unprepared enemy. Done the same thing but used the FOC to charge forward into a fight - I got a caster kill on the first turn once by doing this.

+ Reply to Thread