Which one to choose? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one to choose?

I've just got the new hordes rulebook yesterday, looked through it, but i'm not sure which faction i should go with.. as i have a khardor army, i wanted to go for something totally opposite.. but all looked about the same.. i was wondering whether you guys could help.. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I you want opposite from Khador, go Everblight. I have not read Primal, but from watching games thats how they apper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.. everblight looks good, plus they have good looking models.. actually, i'm now stuck between circle and everblight, 3rd choice would be skrone, and last would be trollblood.. is there any major difference between circle and everblight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Well, they're all different from how Khador works. I'm a long-time Khador player myself and faced the same dilemma:

Trollbloods: You may think they're the plodding heavies of Hordes, but that isn't true. They move faster than Khador and have lower ARM. They also have a very different feel due to some special abilities, like the Tough or Regeneration rules which every Trollblood model has one of. They also are very strong with shooting - the only starterbox with such a focus, actually - dispite their strong melee skills. Impalers, the spear throwers, are very very good (Critical Slam on a high-P+S ranged weapon is, well, amazing). Ironhide has a great bouncing ranged attack. Pygmy Trolls are snipers, but are more akin (imo) to Cygnarian Long Rifles than to Khadorian Widowmakers. The Pyre Troll throws fireballs - if anything, this guy is the most similar to Khador (he reminds me, in play, of a Destroyer). The Axer's animus gives an extra 2" to the standard +3" charge too - letting your already swift heavies move deceptively fast. Overall, they're an army that uses a good mix of infantry and beasts. The infantry tends to be more resilient than average due to the Tough rule, while the beasts range all across the board. If you can't tell, I ended up with these guys :shifty:

Skorne: I actually feel that the Skorne are closest to Khador. They have some heavily armored infantry in the form of Arcturii (IIRC) that look and feel like Men-O-War to me. Their Titans are very Khador-esque, with high ARM, lower speeds, and very strong attacks. The Gladiator is similar to a Devastator in the emphasis on Slamming. Overall, they're an army that uses a lot of melee infantry backed up by less warbeasts than other factions (or so I've seen).

Circle: Eco-terrorists minus the tree-hugging stuff. If you use Argus and Warpwolves, you can have a blazingly fast force. A lot of units and models here ignore difficult terrain and such, so you can charge and run just about everywhere. Standing Stones allow you to move any of the slower things around quickly, like Wold Wardens/Watchers. Baldur & his Wold beasts will give you a resilient force that does, in fact, work like a Khador army - slow but tough, with a very very good melee caster leading them.

Legion: Swarm army all the way. They can do an all-beast army without fear of losing their warlock because of the Blood Creation rule (only a Trollblood army with Dire Trolls and Doomshaper is comparable to this). Their infantry seems, from what I've seen, less powerful than average and more of a support for the beasts themselves. The Carnivean is tied with the Dire Troll Mauler for most frightening heavy in the game so far - and with Thagrosh's feat you can basically field two for the price of one! Very Cryx-like in composition, but their magic isn't nearly as crippling/sneaky as the aforementioned undead.

Hordes did what WM couldn't do: allow you to play any style with any faction. If you play a conventional Khador list you're slow but hard hitting with a melee-oriented caster - you can duplicate this with any Hordes faction, but you can also avoid this with any Hordes faction. It all comes down to what you take.

+ Reply to Thread