A Win and a Loss Today - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x2)

A Win and a Loss Today

I was playing Cygnar and Captian Haley.

Both opponents played Khador.

The first was Sorscha in a just-over 300 point battle. He had Sorscha, a Spriggan and a Destroyer, and I had Haley with a Centurion, Defender and a Gun Mage Captain Adept. I forgot about her darn Feat and after wiping out her 'jacks I got too close. She froze me up and got behing my formation and squashed Haley.

The second was a 410 point battle against the Butcher and 3 heavy 'jacks. I fielded a Defender, Centurion, Mage Gunners and an Adept Captain. Did my best to keep the range open but the Butcher single handedly knocked out my Centurion. Thank God for Scamble! I kept his jacks running all over, opening up shooting lanes and got the Butcher down to one life point. He ran behind a building and took 3 turns to heal himself while Haley kept slowing his jacks with her Time spell, allowing me to whittle those big boys down. I got one down (Destroyer), immobilized another (Marauder) but I had lost my Defender and his Juggernaut was behind me (due to a Scramble and successive Time spells).

Going for broke everyone I had opened up on the Butcher: the Gun mages were too much for him with their POW 14 combined fire and I cut him down.

Probably my last WM game for some time, and at least it was a win.

"The sword that takes life gives life."

-Japanese proverb.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x2)

Yeah, Sorcha is a douche sometimes. The best thing I see in that situation is keep a unit as a bodyguard or use something as a counter-charge to her Sorcha Sweep. She's relatevly easy to kill and once you traumatize the person using that one trick pony, he/she will not attempt it again for some time.

The second battle seemed to go more in you're favor, I just can't see how Orsus got his butt handed to him so quickly lol. You seem to like you're list very much, as you changed little in the second battle.

+ Reply to Thread