Warma's Khador: 500 Pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warma's Khador: 500 Pts.

Hey all.

I recently bought more stuff for my Warmachine army. So here is a new list.

Khador 500 Pts.

Kommander Sorscha Kratikoff: 71
    Nice feat and nice spells. Casts Fog of War in the first turn. Uses Freezing Grip and Tempest to help my 'Jacks and Mortar.

Destroyer: 126
    Shoots everything that moves and when something gets close, charge away.

Kodiak: 117
    What can't you do with Kodiak?

Manhunter: 22
    Moves in the bushes and goes for the kill when something is on sight.

Kell Bailoch: 27
    Nice addittion to go with the Widowmakers.

Winterguard Mortar Crew: 25
    More shooting. Very nice against enemy infantry.

Widowmakers: 53
    Shoots unit leaders and solos.

Ironfang Pikemen(6): 59
    A moving wall.

Total size is 500 points. What I miss is the unit addittion for Iron Fangs and Greylords would be nice too, but I think I can manage without them. I really like Kodiak, because it has a nice set of special rules. Kell Bailoch I just had to have, I really love the model. Manhunter is here just to fill the points and it actually is a nice support solo for my army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<puts on competitive player head>
    Sorscha only uses one jack and really that should be used by a Kovnik.
    6 IFP will never do anything except die too easily, should buff them to 10
    Kell shoot the same distance as you Widowmakers?
    Need more infantry.

<puts normal head back on>
    Not a bad list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sorscha can manage two jacks, specially with Kodiak, because it can run without my precious focus. She did okay with Juggernaut and Destroyer in my previous list.

True, 6 Fangs is a bit too little, but I only have the UA in addittion to these six and I can't fit that in this list.

Yes Kell shoots 14" just like Widomakers, basically he is a Widomaker...times ten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

though im not an expert on the game ill try to lend some advice.

though i can't argue with any single units on the whole it seems you have put alot of points into shooting. not sure how effective this is on the tabletop with khador but you might find that another faction more geared to shooting might outmatch you a fair bit. again i am no expert but the strength of khador is its combat as far as i can tell and you might not be letting your force exploit this fully.

just some thoughts, arky
    Last edited by Arklite; January 1st, 2007 at 00:14.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Cygnar can have better shooty list than Khador, but I think that in this list the shooty units support well my combat units. Mortar is essential against infantry based armies, since it has a big AOE and very long range. All my snipers can take out those unit leaders so they can't issue orders like combined attacks against my warjacks.

Earlier I had more combat oriented army, but it got swamped against mass infantry armies, so this time I have invested in anti infantry weapons to support my heavy hitters.

zuz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that bad a list over all. Sorscha can make a Khador shooty list VERY effective. @Timberhick, If I'm not mistaken, the Kovnik is basically a Man O War solo, even though the model looks alot like a 'jack. I would drop Bailoch and maybe the Manhunter and try and add in the IFP unit attachment. The Widowmakers should manage fine on their own, and the Manhunter doesn't really have a place in a list like that. Just my 2 cents.

ZuZ
    ZuZ:
    2,500 points Empire
    1,300 points Dwarves
    500 points Cygnar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorscha can make a Khador shooty list VERY effective.
    Indeed, all that freezing really helps shooty units.

I would drop Bailoch and maybe the Manhunter and try and add in the IFP unit attachment.
    I'll have to think about that. Manhunter may not be that good in this list, but Bailoch is nice. I can deploy Widowmakers on the other side and Bailoch in the opposite side of the table, that creates some preassure for the enemy.

I had my first game with this list the other day and I was pretty happy with it. Mortar took out some infantry, as did Widowmakers. Warjacks and Ironfangs took out a few jacks. In the end Bailoch took out a few wounds of the enemy Warcaster and Sorscha finished him off.

zuz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main thing I see with Bailoch is first turn your opponent will walk up and shoot him dead. It tends to be even more so with Cygnar, thanks to Cappy (Gun Mage Captain Adept), but most armies find a way of dealing with him easily. Not sure how many points he is, but you could try dropping him and buying Gorman (black oil is nice, especially if you use it on a 'jack your Iron Fangs are going to charge.
    ZuZ:
    2,500 points Empire
    1,300 points Dwarves
    500 points Cygnar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Bailoch has survived most of my games. I usually lurk with him behind some cover so he has a pretty good DEF and it's not easy to hit him with any shooting but some random blasts. Gorman would be nice, but he's overused in my gaming group so I'm not getting him. Thanks for the reply though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what timberhick meant was at least in my area I never see sorscha controlling any jacks. She is at her best when she can use all her focus on herself to go for the caster kill or set it up for something else(like a mortar) to pound the target.

Using 2 jacks with her is fine, but it makes her more of a support caster, which is not her best role to play.

One reason you rarely see 2 jacks in a khador army at 500pts is for the reasons already explained, you have very little infantry to help you take out enemy infantry. This coupled with the slow speed of khador makes it very easy for you to get hit in the flanks by opposing infantry and jacks.

The IFP really shine when they have the unit attachment and full complement of troops, they become very survivable and can hit just as hard as a warjack.

If your deadset on your list then some things to keep in mind are boundless charge, this will help you immensely as well the combo of tempest and hammerfist the target with the kodiak. Also keep in mind if you do fog of war your oppenents can benefit from the concealment as well if they are within your control radius.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast