Kuffy's Painting Log. 2007-2014 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 208 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kuffy's Painting Log. 2007-2014

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Kuffy's Painting Log. 2007-2014

2010 EDIT

I have changed the beginning of the thread to now contain a sort of contents of the thread. It has gotten pretty big, and I can see it getting bigger. So below will be a link to various projects that are in this thread. I'll link to the completed or important posts for each, then you will have to look around the post yourself for other details.

Also, you will find accusations of spam in this thread. I do not consider it to be thus, instead I would suggest you look at it as banter between some friends. I have made great friends on here and we laugh, joke and tease all the time. They also help push me and advice me. Cheers guys!

Health Warning

This thread contains spam. If you are allergic to spam, or other such unneeded commentary, do not read this thread.

If you are exposed to this thread unwillingly, please sit in a white room with calming music and a cup of tea. Normality will return in a few moments.
    Kuffy

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; April 19th, 2014 at 04:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Wraith

OK, the first WIP entry is my current miniature of the Games Workshop Wraith for Vampire Counts. I had this because years ago I aspired to start a Vampire Counts army, never got much further than buying some stuff. Anyway;

Wanting to do something a little different and expand my abilities, I have decided for this mini I will do directional lighting. Basically everything is lit from a specific angle (here from behind), but with this I wanted to go one step further. You may not know but the 'evil' moon in Fantasy is green, so I decided I am going to try and highlight using green to give the 'spooky' look. In addition to this I will be attempting to do a nice set of orange glowy eyes on the wraith and some rust on his scythe. Two more things I've never done.

Picture one:

This is a mock up of his base. Wanting him to be a little bit more suiting, a graveyard seemed appropriate, thus a bit of rummaging and I came up with some zombie arms and some gravestones. Hacking two up I wanted a broken down look and above is the end product.

Picture two:

The wraith thus far. You'll notice the general lack of highlights on much of him, this is because only his skull is done. The difference is very hard to see =( but about half way over the top his skull gets more highlights, due to the idea of the front not getting any light to it and I'm trying to keep it dark. Otherwise, I have just shaded the staff and the blade on the weapon.

Not much to him so far, but soon!!

KU

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

Now although I have sen those pictures of your box sets before, I would just like to say, damn!

I wish I had that many box sets lying around! Now, as you said, their is lack of highlighting, but do not worry, looks great so far, at least better than mine (not saying much).

Well, i look forward to seeing more done!

-ythc
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Drools at archaeon on foot model.. I want one so bad...
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Wow. Just from a second look I see you have 36ish boxes and sprues plus bits to work with. Can't wait to see everything and hope to take from (steal) your methods of painting.

And +Points for using green, my favorite color
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    Drools at archaeon on foot model.. I want one so bad...
    hehe, I have two. =P

yourtimehascome - Well, the highlighting isn't started just yet as such. So this I'm not worried about.

Jaffar_Hasad - I have more stuff on the way and have brought more since this picture. =D Thanks.

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

you wouldn't be interested in trading or selling your extra ground pounder badass man with a bag of chips, would you?
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Wraith

Well, I have progresses.. um.. very little. There is a reason for this, well one besides not getting out of bed until half twelve, and I had problems with the skull and blade.

I decided to give the skull a wash to darken the front a little, then using a lighter colour I washed the bone in this to try and tie the large difference together. What happened was odd. The highlighted section (rear facing) went really, really white and chalky. Then I wash it again, the same. So after various attempts I went back and redid the front of the skull - this was because a shading wash made it look really dark brown and well... "not very good" to paraphrase. Looks OK now, but you can see a clear split in the 'halves' which I'm not fully happy on, but we'll see.

Then the blade. I washed it with various layers of scorched brown and Tamiya Clear Orange to represent 'wear, tear, and ageing'. This was OK, but hard to see due to the basecoat being so dark (note, rusting etc seems to work best over a clean layer; chainmail or mithril silver perhaps). Then I got onto the blood. This was the problem. The first adding (Tamiya Clear Red) made it look like I had just painted a blocked strip across the blade. But on the reverse it came out OK. So, back to washing to try and do something with the 'block'. Failed, so I drybrushed mithril silver and started with the 'weathering' again. Hence why the two sides don't look exact. The blood worked out OK, but I need to practice using it.

The staff however went OK. Using VMC Burnt Umber and Flat Earth I got a nice dark looking staff.

So, either with a few problems I don't think it's terrible; though the pictures don't show everything up all that well. Next stage: grey highlights on the front, then to start the green on the rear before trying my hands at glowing eyes.

All comments welcome.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

[off Topic]

Incidentally I used this site here on Tuesday and for £30 I got all this:

And two cans of Testors Dull Cote as well. It came this morning. Now that is quick! This place has so much modelling stuff, for bases etc it cannot be passed up on!

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Get on with the painting damnit >_<

*pokes at Kuffeh's weak, weak eyes*

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 208 1231151101 ... LastLast