[Tale of Painters] Lamenters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

[Tale of Painters] Lamenters

Right, lets see how this goes.

I am just after writing my first Lamenters list. Now I don't get to game offen so making lists are not my strong point. Even when I do game winning is not that important to me as I'm generally not that good at the game. The purpose of this list was to write a fluffy list that I could base my painting schedule off of and a list that will work reasonably well in game. This was never intended to be a tourement list or anything like that.

So why post a list in a painting thread? Good question! As I've outlined above this list is going to act as a painting list also. I have all of these models already in my collection apart from the assualt squad, but I can buy that in time.

Anyways onto the list.........

Lamenters 2000pts
    Significant Divergence:
    Uphold Honour of the Emperor
    Trust Your Battle Brothers
    Flesh Over Steel
    Faithful until Death

HQ:

Epistolary:
    Terminator Armour
    Storm of Emperors Wrath
    Veil of Time

Elites:

Terminator Assault Squad (x5)
    3x Lightning Claws
    2x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
    Furious Charge

Veteran Squad (x10)
    Power Fist (x2)
    Terminator Honours
    Storm Bolter
    Furious Charge

Troops:

Space Marine Squad 1 (x10)
    Heavy Bolter
    Counter Attack + True Grit

Space Marine Squad 2 (x10)
    Heavy Bolter
    Counter Attack + True Grit

Scout Squad (Assualt) (x10)

Scout Squad (Fire Base) (x6)
    Heavy Bolter
    Sniper Rifle X5

Fast Attack:

Assualt Squad (x10)
    Terminator Honors
    Power Fist

Heavy Support:

Devastator Squad (x5)
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Cannon
    Plasma Cannon

Devastator Squad (x5)
    Missile Launcher
    Missile Launcher
    Lascannon
    Lascannon

Total.......................................2003

So is there any fatal flaws you guys can see? I know I am fairly short on the anti-tank side of things so I was thinking maybe missile launchers or lascannons in the tactical squads instead of heavy bolters. I tried to stay away from any sort of heavy equipment like tanks or dreads as I'd imagine a chapter like the Lamenters would have lost those a long time ago. So please chime in and give me your opinions, good or bad.

The first WiP shots should be up tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited by chemicalcaveman; March 31st, 2008 at 17:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I personally would get the Missile Launchers into the Tac. Squads, and alternate a Las and Plasma Cannon in each of the Dev. Squads so as to make them interchangeable and a little more versatile. Don't want to have them too specialized and have one run down by troops and the other by a big tank! Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing your WiP, Lamenters are cool stuff!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Right here is the first WiP photo I got. The first squad I am going with is the Veteran Squad.

The guys I'm using in this army are marines I gathered over the years, some of them have a couple different coats of paint on them, some of them have none. So the first job was to get a decent basecoat of Iydanden Darksun down, but painting a couple of dilute coats. When I was happy with the Darksun covage I gave them all a wash of 3:3:2; Water: Glaze Medium: Flesh Wash. I then got a basecoat down on the left hand shoulder pad of grey which I prefer to use as a basecoat for black and white checks. Enough talking to the picture.......

The stuff I still have to do.....
    Skin
    Basecoat Weapons
    Detailing
    Finish of Armour
    Battle Damage
    Glowy Eyes
    Base

So any help, tips or critisims are more than welcome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Looking good so far CC i like your armylist but no tanks or dreads at all? i am sure even the lamenters werent out of them totally even tho most of there chapter was annilated. Looking foward to next update mate!.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Looking good, I'm not going to critique your army list because you have made a good case for your reasons, and at the end of the day you have to do what you want :-)

The models are looking really nice, the foundation paints seem to be doing a bang up job bringing out a good colour on the yellow, please post more pics once you've done some more!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Nice-ish list, nice use of parts, and a nice solid yellow.
    A little lurid for my tastes (get some flesh wash (or a wash of snakebite leather) on there!), but very, very nice and flat.

Good work bud, I shall watch with interest!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo! I miss seeing these guys tabletop. Are you going to do the chapter symbol freehand or use a stencil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Freehand synergy! I'm a sucker for punishment man, what can I say.

Last night I got the basecoat on the face done and the basecoat on the weapons. I'm actually pleased with the colour of the armour -t mate, I realise its still flat but a highlight will fix that, which is the next thing on the list.

Depending on how that highlight goes they might (might only ) get another flesh wash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Hiya guys! Time for my second update.

I've been working away on these guys whenever I've had the chance to sit down and do some painting, all other projects on my desk have been moved to one side. But as you are about to see I'm quite a slow painter. One of the things I've done is decide on the symbol I shall use for the veteran's on their right shoulder pad. Technically I should use a crux terminus or some such but after a quick glance at some examples I realised that that would be quite a bit above my freehand skills. I decided to go for something that is easier and would look good. So thats how I landed upon skulls. I painted up one guy as a test run and am quite happy with how he turned out. I still think it might need some definition but as a first attempt goes I'm quite pleased.

As for the other stuff I've done, I attempted the first set of highlights but I don't think they came out too well and are not that visible. I have decided to darken the yellow with another thin wash of flesh wash and then add small highlights with Iydanden Darksun, for a tabletop quality army that should be enough I feel.

I've also basecoated the skin and the weapons and a couple of the details such as skulls and the like. The final piece of work has been to start the basing. I picked up the new basing kit realsed on Saturaday and made short work of getting the whole squad's basing started. I am going for something easy to do but still effective looking so rubble/rock with grass here and there should do the trick. The final and most difficult part for me is the checks on the left shoulder pads. My techniques is to draw the checks with pencil and then use thinned down black to fill them in. My brush control has let me down a little bit here but hopefully I will be able to tidy the checks up as I go back with some grey and white, with the final addition to that shoulder being the red heart and drop of blood.

Once again any comments or opinions are more than welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

They are looking great! I especialy like the Sicarius conversion, you pulled it off nicely.
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 7th, 2008, 20:56