Sainter's Eldar Tales of Painters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sainter's Eldar Tales of Painters

I've got a deep cut on my thumb so i couldnt paint for the past week which really hurt me as i've only done my avengers and im still trying out the colour scheme. when i decided how i'm gonna paint them, i got a huge cut on my thumb when i was 'executing' another guardian jetbike to replace them with DA heads, when i cut myself (I'm not EMO btw). Anyway the colour scheme is gonna be a 70/30 scab red/black basecoat, highlights of 90/10 scab/black and then 95/5 scab/black. then 60/40 blood red/scab red for the extreme highlights. weapons are gonna be bleached bone eventually going to white with 3-4 coats. Anyways I'll be a few days late of schedule due to some poor cutting skill and a knife that only works on skin.

Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Sounds good! Look forward to seeing how they progress. Is ya thumb sorted yet??

I was thinking about your first colour, I think you said 70/30 scab/black. Maybe scorched brown with a bit of red might be a bit quicker and simpler? You might end up with a more consistent colour. Just an idea!
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah still got the massive bandage around it, I could probably paint but if i get a bit of paint in it, it'll probably gonna be another 2 weeks before i could paint again. You mean brown replacing the black? I'll give it a go.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Ouch mate! I know how that goes down - my toe has never been the same since I decided to make some scenery on a large scale once...

But yeah, I already like what i've seen so far with your eldar, hope your thumb heals soon so you can keep up the work!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I suppose thats essentially what I mean, but what I probably should have said was just to replace that mix of scab-red/black with straight scorched brown.

In my experience, if you mix scab red and black together, you get a colour that is fairly similar to scorched brown, but is maybe not quite as red.

Just thought that it might save you the time of mixing them together, and will also mean that you get a consistent colour between different models (without having to make a mix in a pot and keeping that)
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wes (did you always have that enhanced badge)
    I've changed my scheme from what you've seen, it looks shocking on vehicles so I'm going for a darker theme. Just out of interest how did you manage to cut your toe? And I dont think my finger is quite that bad.
    The fluff is when Saim Hann escape from the fall, these guys were left behind and most of the jetbikes flew away. So I'm going they have a darker and 'tragic' look, this is also the reason that they dont have as many jetbikes as Saim Hann. I'll think of more fluff when I can be stuffed reading the codex again.
    @Solo
    cools I'll try it, I'm thinking of more red and something more like 80/20 red/black or brown. thanks for the advice
    Last edited by DieHardSaintKildaSupporter; October 31st, 2007 at 03:43.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

dude can you post a pic of your thumb next time you update your army. I know how you feel my sister bets it will be less then 5 years till I lose a finger due to gross stupidly
    Last edited by Munch; December 18th, 2007 at 06:01.

+ Reply to Thread