Tale of Painters - Fantasy [1ST DECEMBER DEADLINE] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Tale of Painters - Fantasy [1ST DECEMBER DEADLINE]

In this thread members who signed up for the 'event' will be required to post each month - on the 1st of the month the following items:

* A picture of 200pts worth of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
    * A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.

In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

The following members have chosen to do a fantasy army:

minus_t
    WFB
    Beasts of Chaos

C/-Rt3r
    WHFB
    Dwarfs!

XbanditsX
    Fantasy
    Wood Elves

LordLink
    Fantasy
    Empire (Olaf's Hired Muscle)

Andusciassus
    Fantasy
    Bretonnia

Tekore
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Bretonnia

Brett
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Vampire Counts (Lahmia

Perturabo
    Fantasy
    Chaos Dwarves

maraschino
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Wood Elves

Ryu_ookami
    Tomb Kings
    WFB

Blacknight
    Fantasy
    Tomb King

thepaintingmonkey
    WFB
    Chaos Dwarfs

Stormchaser
    WFB
    High Elves

Best of luck to you all! First deadline is.... 1st December

~Cyric

Last edited by Cyric the Mad; November 18th, 2007 at 17:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Since I just finished up and took the pictures, I'm going to go ahead and get these buggers in. Here we have my 36 (there may be 35 in the pictures for even rows) Men at Arms I did this month. I don't know that I'll take on that many models at once again, that was quite a trip. I also based them with green paint and Gale Force 9's Dead/Winter Grass, and built and painted them a movement tray with "granite" walls and the same dead grass. So here goes with the pictures, cheers!

This entry is exactly 200 points.

Front Row (Left to Right: Musician (with crazy eyes!), Man at Arms, Unit Standard Bearer, Man at Arms, Yeoman Warden).

View of the ranks from the top:

The Full Army:

Tekore
    Last edited by Tekore; November 30th, 2007 at 13:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

I had plans to get a unit of Glade Guard and a mounted Noble painted, but it didn't happen. Five of the six horses are done, and two of the six riders have some paint on them; clearly not done. I blame Mass Effect.

General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Can I get in on this? I've got beastmen on the go and feel like some inspiration to get them done to a deadline. I can't post by the first (tomorrow) but I'll eventually make up for it. being a month behind isn't too bad is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Well...i had a thane painted and planned to get some warriors and slayers done. It appears ill just be using a dwarf lord now ;Y. So pics to come soon.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Yeah had a real bad month of it so was unable to do anything really on my tomb king.

here comes a Joker for me, my first.

Blacknight

Sorry all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Walex View Post
    Can I get in on this? I've got beastmen on the go and feel like some inspiration to get them done to a deadline. I can't post by the first (tomorrow) but I'll eventually make up for it. being a month behind isn't too bad is it?
    If you join now you will have missed the first two deadlines (November 1 and December 1) and therefore will have to use both of your jokers immediately. As long as you're willing to do so, feel free to join.

If you want to sign up, please do so here: [EDIT: Probably shouldn't direct you to a locked thread. Link changed]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=105095 (Tale of Painters - FANTASY [Comments])
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; December 1st, 2007 at 10:27.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Well, this one was close, but I made it! :party2:

Next month is going to be a different story. With the Christmas break, I'm going away, and I don't anticipate I will be anywhere near a computer come the 1st of January deadline. So, can I play a joker for next month now, seeing as I won't be able to do so at the next deadline?

This month - 20 Skeletons with full command (185 pts)
    EDIT: Yes, I know, I still have to base them, and paint the movement trays, but at least the unit's done!

You can't really see it in this photo, but this is my converted unit. The rear ranks look like they're pulling themselves out of the ground. Well, out of their bases...

So, with the unit I painted last month, I have a grand total of 370 points (30 points down from where I should be)

P.S. Nice work on those Men at Arms, Tekore. The ribbon on the standard is a nice touch!
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; December 1st, 2007 at 03:21.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Nice job on the skellies, Brett - wouldn't mind seeing some photos of those back ranks.

Also, kudos to Tekore for the M@A. We may have to hand out a "most improved painter" at the end of all this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Brett, those skeletons are awesome.

And thats kind of you, Cyric, I hope to be much much improved by the end of the ToP.

Tekore

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast