A Tale of Painters Christmas Gift - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

A Tale of Painters Christmas Gift

After some deliberation, I decided that December was a horrible month to ask people to either get entries in or drop the project. It just seems wrong and, well, counter to the holiday spirit.

With that in mind, December shall be considered a flex month. That is, if you don't enter anything for December, you will not have to use a Joker.

However, if you enter at least 200pts worth of painted figures by the January deadline, you will receive an extra Joker to play at your discretion! Please note that entering less than 200pts will not earn you the free joker, so I advise that you find a way to push those 180 points the extra mile.

Thanks for participating, everyone! 8Y

Last edited by Cyric the Mad; December 3rd, 2007 at 02:38. Reason: I kan spel gud

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Cyric wins.

That totally takes the pressure off for me...
    My poor goats.
    They just won't paint themselves...
    I just don't get it.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Festive fun! You mean I can actually get a joker? How did you know- this was just what I wanted!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Yays! A great idea, and one that actually helps me a lot, seeing as I will be off on holidays over the Christmas/New Year break, and not near a computer. I was planning to use a joker, but now I don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t
    My poor goats.
    They just won't paint themselves...
    Not even when you leave them alone with the paints and brushes and everything? I tell you, these models just aren't pulling their weight anymore. Where have all the painting faries gone, the ones that nip in at night and do all the work while you're sleeping?

Maybe Cyric can find some of those for us for Christmas as well!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Thanks Cyric, thats a really nice bonus. I will probably still paint though, as I'm at that critical part of my life where Christmas involves the wife and I, not much travel, and no youngun's.

Tekore

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Where have all the painting faries gone, the ones that nip in at night and do all the work while you're sleeping?

Maybe Cyric can find some of those for us for Christmas as well!
    Believe me, if I find any of those I've got 3 armies of my own for them to get started on. Maybe you can have them when I'm done, but no promises. I might try to cross-train them on housework instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Thats good news! I hope I will get something done, but its definitely taking the pressure off me as I'll be away from paints for most of the second half of the month.

Good call Cyric!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

What's this?!!?

Just who do you think you are, giving these slaves people time off?! This isn't a charity! Christmas is cancelled!! Back to work!!

(Nice going, but you're much nicer than I am. )

KU

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Nice Cyric! Just what I need to make BACK one of the two Jokers I used! No excuses for not finishing 200 points in December now! Muahaha!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

I must admit, that gives me a bit of a breather. I'd like to get some stuff done anyway, but seeing as I'm leaving soon for the U.S, and seeing as i'll be there till after new years eve, that was always going to be a bit difficult!

Although, maybe I could just paint up a couple of characters...150 points each...Hmmm.....Thats not cheating is it? So long as all wargear purchased can be seen on the things?

Lets see now..., frag, krak AND melta bombs, terminator armour, scratch that, artificer armour and an iron halo, terminator honours, bionics, powerfist AND powersword, what else? Auspex? Hmm, I wonder if I can get 200 points from the one character, not two?
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast